Elvas Tower: Once Upon a Time in the North - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Once Upon a Time in the North An early 20th-century railway in Ontario Rate Topic: ****- 2 Votes

#11 User is offline   johnfrum 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks, Rod. Yes, I've got MSTSBin installed and I did see some improvement in frame rates afterward, but not really dramatic.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm talking about the minimum FPS I encounter in the number 4 view when looking back at a fairly high-poly train with detailed city structures in the background. What can I say? I'm addicted to the eye candy :D .

Y'know, Andre: it's a strange thing but I don't run into many frame rate issues with forest objects. Maybe it's related to me using mostly coniferous trees -- although I don't know why that would make any difference. I often use big overlapping stands of 100 acres, sometimes considerably more, with maximum density set. And many times with the same size stand in trees of contrasting colour overlapped on that. Rarely any slowdown at all.

Maybe it's because this route's in Canada and there are long stretches where there's nothing but trees -- no structures or any other high-poly signs of Man's presence. Not like those giant megacities down in the Ozarks ;) ;) .

-JF-

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users