Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

http://www.elvastowe...reenshot&id=522
File Name: Springfield Terminal Railway
File Submitter: charland
File Submitted: 02 Feb 2009
File Updated: 01 Jan 2011
File Category: Routes

MSTS Route Springfield Terminal Railway

The six mile long STRy was the last electric shortline in New England. The line connected Springfeild Vermont with the Boston and Maine at Charlestown New Hampshire. The route is set in the early-1950s and includes passenger only trackage that was taken out of service in 1947.

Route is complete with over 26 hours of activities including one weeks freight activities and one 1946 passenger activity. Included are two printable maps, freight activity work orders, and a list of required rolling stock to run the activities.

Route requires New Roads v4.0, xtracks v3.20, and BIN 1.7.

Created by Paul Charland.

Original File Name = STR.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 Inactive_stealthsteam_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

Hello. This is a nice route.
I am having a problem with cars re coupling as you pull away, if you have disconnected all the cars from the lead loco. The cars are at a stop and with hand wheals set, but you get away from them just a little bit and it lurches forward so they are connected.
I have tried different consists on the route and same story, But on other routs it douse not happen.

Can you please help me?

#3 Inactive_norman_*

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

View Poststealthsteam, on Jul 13 2009, 08:47 PM, said:

Hello. This is a nice route.
I am having a problem with cars re coupling as you pull away, if you have disconnected all the cars from the lead loco. The cars are at a stop and with hand wheals set, but you get away from them just a little bit and it lurches forward so they are connected.
I have tried different consists on the route and same story, But on other routs it douse not happen.

Can you please help me?

Are you using the bin patch?

#4 Inactive_stealthsteam_*

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

Yes I am. I had put in 1.7 and ten replaced it with 1.8, but I got the same results.

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

I've had this too myself, usually when you have just one car. Not just with me electric engines, with 44 tonners as well. Not sure if there is a real solution, make sure you are at a full stop, make sure you use the train brake, uncouple from the car and hope there are no small children around if it isn't successful. This works most of the time but on occasions if it doesn't work, backing away slowly if the car couples again, a quick stop and uncoupling, then backing away slowly again works. As a last resort, repeatedly uncoupling and swearing also works... this is the one with the kids out of ear shot.

Paul :-)

#6 Inactive_stealthsteam_*

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Thank you.
I have gotten it uncoupled before but it was by accident and i did not know what i did.
I will incorporate that method.

#7 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

My two cents worth is to be very careful and work sloooooooooowly. Sometimes I even have to move the cars up or back on the track a few feet or so.
I love switchin' and it's a bit tricky but you'll catch on to it. Experiment a bit, it doesn't always seem to work the same way on all cars so I've discovered.

:D

#8 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

One more thing... save often. One of those activities takes six hours or so, when you get into heavy switching hitting F2 after every car placed doesn't hurt.

Paul :-)

#9 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

In the pre-Bin days this used to happen with the front coupler. Bin "fixed" that by transferring the problem to the rear of the first locomotive in a set. The problem shows up on single unit locomotives, diesel switchers and freight motors being the most common culprits. It makes sense, if you can't really get rid of the problem, to transfer it to that location since most diesel lash ups feature more than one unit and in those cases this is never a problem. Same thing with a steamer with an attached tender. In both cases the "Problem Coupler" never comes into play.

The solution, as mentioned above, is speed. You must pull away from the car at less than 1.5 MPH until you are clear of the problem recouple range - about 3 feet. With most locos this means a full release of the brakes and then on-off with the throttle real quick to start it moving but not accelerate away. A "run 1" and leave it there will not work. Then another "D"-"A", on-off, to move it a little further. Once you are say 5 feet from the car you should be able to accelerate away without recoupling. It takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it it should come naturally.

You can also pull away by setting a little engine air and then going to Run 1 but that is trickier than the above method.

The biggest problem I have is remembering it is going to do it. The "Oh yeah, that issue" problem then I have no problem getting back in the groove.

#10 Inactive_stealthsteam_*

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

Thank you. Those tips are excellent.
I can now run things smoothly.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users