• You cannot reply to this topic

Springfield Terminal... Main Street Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

Hi All,

Thought I'd post a few shots of the passenger only trackage up Main Street on the Springfield Terminal route. The STRy ended passenger service in 1947 and the route is set in freight only time of 1952/53 but I thought I'd leave the two passenger only segments of the line in so people wishing to run the odd passenger trolley could if they wish. Photos show the passenger only trackage south of Klondike remained until the early fifties anyway.

Springfield Terminal 17 make the climb up Main Street after crossing the road/railway bridge coming off Clinton Street.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09055/stry_mainstreet01765.jpg

17 passes the Springfield Post Office and Lovejoy Manufacturing.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09055/stry_mainstreet02338.jpg

A little street running for a couple of blocks.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09055/stry_mainstreet03972.jpg

Passing the Bank Block and coming up on the Public Library.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09055/stry_mainstreet04611.jpg

STRy 17 pulls into the Adna Brown Hotel, the end of the line for the Springfield Terminal.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09055/stry_mainstreet05277.jpg

17 waits between runs to Charlestown, NH.

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09055/stry_mainstreet06448.jpg

The route is complete, just have to create a caboose for the B&M AI traffic in the correct paint scheme, and run a Wayne Campbell utility to hide the overhead wires from the B&M where they do not belong.

Paul :-)

#2 User is offline   philmoberg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

That's a tour de force, Paul. Who would have believed this Sim would be capable of this, even two or three years ago? :D -Phil

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

Hi Phil,

I was really surprised when I created a winter passenger activity to include when the route's released. I've tested plenty including the steep grade up Main street, never had any problems getting up the hill until the winter activity. Same car, but in the winter you have to start hitting the sanders to get up Main Street. Who would have thought they would have thought of that years ago!

#4 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

View Postcharland, on Jan 30 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

Hi Phil,

I was really surprised when I created a winter passenger activity to include when the route's released. I've tested plenty including the steep grade up Main street, never had any problems getting up the hill until the winter activity. Same car, but in the winter you have to start hitting the sanders to get up Main Street. Who would have thought they would have thought of that years ago!

great job, Paul!!

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Rick,

Think this one's going to be fun to run, also takes much less time to create activities so maybe there will be more in the future then the FJ&G route which turned into a bit of a juggling act to produce a prototype day.

#6 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

Another great piece of work Paul. How is it on FPS? FJ&G just about brings my system to it's knees

Jim

#7 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:03 AM

Hi Jim,

Frame rate is a bit better then the FJ&G but not much. I have found that when I'm viewing the train with cams 2 and 3 that if I'm in an area with a low frame rate I can rotate the camera and get a much higher frame rate. Seeing as the line parallels highways for the most part, the more highway traffic the lower the frame rate. I can go from maybe 8 fps to close to 30 just by rotating the camera away from the highway traffic.

I have a weak GeForce 6100 LT card on my annoying H-P 1.8 GHz motherboard if that tells you anything.

#8 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

View Postcharland, on Jan 31 2009, 07:03 AM, said:

Hi Jim,

Frame rate is a bit better then the FJ&G but not much. I have found that when I'm viewing the train with cams 2 and 3 that if I'm in an area with a low frame rate I can rotate the camera and get a much higher frame rate. Seeing as the line parallels highways for the most part, the more highway traffic the lower the frame rate. I can go from maybe 8 fps to close to 30 just by rotating the camera away from the highway traffic.

I have a weak GeForce 6100 LT card on my annoying H-P 1.8 GHz motherboard if that tells you anything.

Thanks Paul, I'm not a computer person so that doesn't mean much to me. I know I have ADM Athlon 64 processor 3200+ MMX, 3Dnow, ~ 2.0GHz. 2MB RAM ( I had to ask my son he built it for me ) and a new WD 640 GB HD. all my sliders and video card (NVidia GeForce 6150) maxed out. I just refuse to lower the settings and miss all the great detail

#9 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

Hi Jim,

I have every video card setting maxed out as well, so there is a little wiggle room to increase the frame rate. Would like to buy a decent video card and have a computer built around it though.

#10 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

Paul, from everything I have read about MSTS the video card isn't that important, MSTS is CPU dependent on performance. Please keep in mind I'm not a computer technical person, this just things I've read about. My son told me a faster RPM hard drive would also help??

Jim

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users