• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Obscure Locomotives Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hi,

One of the pleasures of the MSTS hobby is repainting locomotives to personal favorites.

Here are some of mine.

Original DS44-1000 model by Bill Alder. As C&H 201, she served many years in the copper mining and smelting region
of the Keweenaw Peninsula Upper Peninsula Michigan. When the mines closed she went to the Escanaba & Lake Superior
still as #201.

Attached Image: C_H_201.jpg

Original model SW8 by Stewart Clark. Here she is as ACR 140. Spent most of her life in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
at the ACR Steelton yards.

Attached Image: ACR_140.jpg

Original model RS3 by Richard Cowen, Kit #8. CVSR 4099 was previously in D&H colors. Currently, she is at the Cuyahoga Valley
Scenic Railroad, mothballed and waiting on engine repairs.

Attached Image: CVSR_4099.jpg

Original model SW1 by Stewart Clark. DNE 31 and her sisters worked on the last large Minnesota logging railroad which lasted
into the '60's.

Attached Image: DNE_31.jpg

Original model RS1 by Richard Cowen, Kit #1. DSS&A 101 had a long history of freight and passenger service over the DSS&A
from Duluth Minnesota to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. When the SOO took over the DSS&A, 101 was repainted to SOO colors
and lettering but retained #101.

Attached Image: DSS_A_101.jpg

Original model SW1 by Stewart Clark. One of the first Western Pacific diesel locomotives. Currently exists at the Feather River
Railroad museum at Portola Ca.

Attached Image: WP_501.jpg

Enjoy,

Mike

#2 User is offline   inflammable 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

While not really favorite locomotives, they did have nice schemes when I was in a painting mood.

Attached Image: L36NYD44.jpg

The New York Dock Railway worked across the bay from Jersey City. They were built as 44 tonners, then had more weight added to make them 50 tonners. There were 5 total, three of them are available at Train-Sim.

Attached Image: BJRY1.jpg

The Burlington Junction Railway is in Iowa, it's a pretty short terminal line. This is the second of the two schemes it wore for that line. What came out later, that I'd ignored at the time, is that this is the final of four railroads to own this particular locomotive. The first being the Washington and Old Dominion Railroad, the second being the Fonda, Johnstown, and Gloversville. This is actually the same loco as what Paul Charland painted. The third was the Great Western Railway.

Both of these are on Richard Cowen's 44 Tonner model.

James

#3 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

Oooo.... switchers. I like switchers.

Reckon' I ought to go download what "generic" switchers I can find.

Even though the little Baldwin has quite oversized trucks... it's the only Baldwin switcher game in town!

Andre

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users