• You cannot reply to this topic

La Salle, Rockford & Central Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

The other day I downloaded over at TrainSim a new route that has to be one of the best done Freeware routes I have come across in a long time. It is set in the Mid-West and is very detailed and gives you the feeling of being on a real Midwest regional. Here are a few shots taken on a couple preliminary runs that show some of what I am talking about:

It is a warm summer morning and to get out of the stiffeling summer heat while still engaging in my passion for railfanning I tried to stay in the shade along the LR&C. I had a little wait but was rewarded by a C&NW freight detouring over the line:
Attached Image: Screen___December_08___392.jpg

About 35 minutes later I was near the highway crossing near the Rockford yard when a rare train came along. A PennCentral freight also had to detour over the LR&C after a bad derailment on its own line not far away: Not this was a train well worth chasing and while I did, as much as possible I tried to stay in the shade and out of the hot summer sun:
Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1474.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1545.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1708.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1794.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1802.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1866.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1871.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1895.jpg

Attached Image: Screen___December_08___1900.jpg

Paul

#2 User is offline   TVRRMAN 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Railworks

Post icon  Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

View Postpnrailway, on Dec 6 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

The other day I downloaded over at TrainSim a new route that has to be one of the best done Freeware routes I have come across in a long time. It is set in the Mid-West and is very detailed and gives you the feeling of being on a real Midwest regional. Here are a few shots taken on a couple preliminary runs that show some of what I am talking about:

It is a warm summer morning and to get out of the stiffeling summer heat while still engaging in my passion for railfanning I tried to stay in the shade along the LR&C. I had a little wait but was rewarded by a C&NW freight detouring over the line:

About 35 minutes later I was near the highway crossing near the Rockford yard when a rare train came along. A PennCentral freight also had to detour over the LR&C after a bad derailment on its own line not far away: Not this was a train well worth chasing and while I did, as much as possible I tried to stay in the shade and out of the hot summer sun:

Paul

Good Shots Paul. It's definitely a route worth downloading.

#3 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

Beautiful screen shots as per your usual, Paul. Looks like a great route, alright. Any Baldwins' in that collection of Conrail junk? :lol: (I actually love the motley assortment of power- looks great and historically accurate).

#4 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

Excellent shots Paul, of an excellent route. My only niggle (and trust me, it is a small one) is that a patchwork small field terrtex was used as the base terrain before the ROW work with Mosaic. This, unfortunately means that square edged fields sometimes cut across the ROW (or rather, the ROW cuts across them). The only reason this is a niggle for me is that I like to travel like an aircraft on VFR - inside the cab, or low down and it doesn't even show.

Fantastic number of industries and spurs along the way - good gradient transitions believably forested - what more could you want? Plus, it looks right for and with Scalerail.

It is a big download but worth it. As Paul pointed out over at Trainsim, it is good for a number of different railroads - you can run just about anything you want and it looks just right.

Rod

#5 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:TS2013

Post icon  Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

I second both Rod and Paul. Its a great route, unbelievably realistic and fits anywhere in the country! Its a MUST download!!!! It reminds me of the central valley of California, I wonder how would SP look on there :D. The industries, layout of the track is incredible, yet its very easy on frame rates. Another feature I saw that I liked was the distant signals and the fact that the Diamonds were guarded and the signals did work properly. The locomotive shops in Rockford are very nice and complete. The La Salle area is beautiful, I love the depot, and Granville (about six miles south of La Salle) is a very nice complex of elevators and a nice-sized wye. The small communities and railroad-related structures along the ROW is a nice touch of reality, even the few dead-end tracks that were sidings are nice! The scenery is first-rate, the quality exceeds most payware, and their own trainsets are unique and wonderful in their own right. In a sense, it almost reminded me of an interurban. The few sharp curves seems to fit the bill. All in all, this is a route I'm not putting down anytime soon! :D

Di'Mario - I have a new toy to play with! :lol:

Attached Image: BN3025.jpg

Attached Image: UP6516A.jpg

Attached Image: UP6516C.jpg

Attached Image: UP9843D.jpg

#6 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Attached Image: CGN2001A.jpg
A Great Northern local enters Granville. Cascade & Great Northern (CGN) is a small shortline that is the brother railroad to Great Lakes Southern (GLS), owned by Alex "Trainmaster55" Silka.

Attached Image: CGN2001E.jpg
Entering La Salle. This train also have GLS 2019 trailing. The two railroads operate their units interchangeably. Our numbering system is based around each railroad, as is the fleet and its Motive Power Allocation and Resources (MPAR)

Attached Image: CGN2001D.jpg
The local, again crossing County Road 102 heading north to Peru Yard. GLS is in Wisconsin, and CGN is in Washington state. Both railroads are connected by Class I BNSF Railway.

A great thanks and much gratitude goes to Tom "CRQ5508" Mitchell and Stephen Arata for the paint scheme and wonderful inspiration.

#7 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

;) - all you need is a good route,

Attached Image: LaSalle23.jpg

Attached Image: CSX_S14.jpg

good stock,

Attached Image: CSX_S9.jpg

Attached Image: CSX_S11.jpg

a good viewpoint

Attached Image: CSX_S12.jpg

Attached Image: CSX_S13.jpg

- and a good camera :D

Rod

#8 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

SLI Geep 60s and reskin of SLI GP38-2...more beautiful models

Rod

Attached Image: UP_A1.jpg

Attached Image: UP_A2.jpg

Attached Image: UP_A3.jpg

Attached Image: UP_A5.jpg

Attached Image: UP_A7.jpg

Attached Image: UP_A9.jpg

Attached Image: UP_A10.jpg

#9 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

Slugging it out......

Nice subject here - CSX SD40-2 and slug set from Bernard Grant and the BEW Team, using SLI's SD40-2 from their CSX set and MLT's CN slug from Bala Sub.

Rod

Attached Image: CSX_S15.jpg

Attached Image: CSX_S17.jpg

Attached Image: CSX_S18.jpg

Attached Image: CSX_S19.jpg

#10 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

Attached Image: BTNR202ABW.jpg
After a TrailBlazer highballed the depot at Vernon the daily South End Local creeps out of Vernon heading to North Vernon Yard.

Attached Image: BTNR666201B.jpg
Once past the diamonds, the small train is shoved onto NVYT2.

Attached Image: BTNR202B.jpg
Mornin' work done. Now, lets "Go to beans." Afterward, they'll start their way north.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users