• You cannot reply to this topic

SSW SD45s Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:TS2013

Post icon  Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

Attached Image: SSW9155_RSD.jpg
I bought these yesterday, and I love 'em! I need to make a few renumbers of these beautiful girls!

On a side note, anyone here who is a SP or SSW fan (or both) should get these! These blow any other payware firm out of the water! These are the most accurate and detailed SD45's I've ever seen! These units are stunning and well worth the $16. These are by GMO Simulations and have become my prized possessions.

#2 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

View PostRTTractionKid, on Nov 14 2008, 12:53 PM, said:

I bought these yesterday, and I love 'em! I need to make a few renumbers of these beautiful girls!

On a side note, anyone here who is a SP or SSW fan (or both) should get these! These blow any other payware firm out of the water! These are the most accurate and detailed SD45's I've ever seen! I've compared them to plenty of prototype pictures and found one error. Cotton should be above Belt, but it doesn't bother me. These units are stunning and well worth the $16. These are by GMO Simulations and have become my prized possessions.

They are very attractive, for sure. How do they sound?

RGF

#3 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:TS2013

Post icon  Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:29 PM

The sounds were aliased to the default BNSF SD40-2 with a custom RS3L horn (did those have RS3's?), but I re-aliased them to Matt Floracks excellent 645 sounds and added a P3. Matter of fact, I'd like a better P3 recording if possible. I also mixed in Dekosoft's excellent sounds, which I may just re-do all dekosoft. Still need a good P3. :lol:.

Now the cab. Needed a lot of work. Cab sat too low (when I get new engines, I place them nose to nose in the sim, then adjust the sitting height til they're about equal. Gives me to most accurate height from the cabviews), the original cab sat so low you had a horrible view of the rails - couldn't see anything in front of you. The FA was INSIDE the cab, and the left hand view stuck so far out the mirrors were in the engine. So I grabbed a MLT Cascades Crossing cabview, redid the right hand "L" window and used that instead. Which works fine for me. The last finishing touch was I gave the engine a 110 pound brake pipe instead of 90. I like to extra 20 pounds when I'm on the hill.

Doing the small adjustments didn't bother me, its the model, and the sheer accuracy that got me to buy 'em. Besides, I prefer to do the cabs/sounds my way.

This just made me backdate all of my MSTS to the mid-70's to 80's. I'm gonna be buying ALOT more SP in a moment... :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users