Elvas Tower: Like a Gilbert Lathrop Story - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Like a Gilbert Lathrop Story Captain Bazza's latest ... and it's a gem! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   philmoberg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

The Captain really outdid himself this time :naughty: ...

Here we are, passing Midway Tank with a standard test consist of mine, at 19mph, with the throttle on the peg and 30% cutoff. If you've read any of Gilbert Lathrop's stories, I need say no more...

Attached Image: DRGW450Beta002.jpg

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Hadrians (Howard Saunders) for his magnificent effort tuning the K27(s) to such a high level of prototypical K27 performance despite the quirks n foibles of TS1. He never once complained even though a K27 may not have been at the top of his shopping list. Hadrians' cooperation and enthusiasim for the ENG side allowed me to concentrate on the model building.

Thanks, too, to Matt Imbrogno, for the 6ET brake controller tweak.

My thanks, also to many other enthusiastic supporters of the K27 project (not yet completed, BTW), acknowledgements are in the readme. Your support enabled this project and kept it honest....well, the buck stops here. To the beta tester team, my thanks.

The K27 #450 loco and tender will be available from ET this week.

I will release version 1.0 of 450 with the modified boiler/stack/dome texture included.

Cheers Bazza

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, I'm teasing......another big thank you to the ol' one-eyed eagle :naughty: .....but without his constant harassment, barracking, thumbsdown, thumbsup, carping, cardsharping, whipcracking, knucklebiting, sabre rattling, tom-tom beating, wise-cracking and butt kicking, I might have fallen by the wayside long ago. One slurp of Uncle Herb's snake oil remedy for slackers, and I was away, I was also back ontrack later, older, wiser and thinner.

Cheers mate and thanks.
Bazza

#4 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

Aw, shucks. T'wern't nothin'. :naughty:

Attached Image: 450.jpg

#5 Inactive_geode_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hey Herb, how many fully overloaded cars are in that consist at Midway tank? And where is Midway tank. I'm about to git 'er loadded up and do some testing. Yeah Herb my introduction to narrow gauge was brought on by Gilberts stories almost as much as Beebe. Stories such as theirs compelled me to learn how to builld HOn3 tracks, and play narrow gauge for 29 years. One of my few claims to fame was standing in a line to pay for lunch at the first NG convention in Colo. Springs, I turned around to look Cliff Grandt in the eye, and asked him why he wasn't supplying those neat little wire spikes that were a perfect size for code 55, he simply said the die wore out. End of conversation with CG himself. You bet Herb, I know whatcha mean, mountain narrow gauge railroading gits in yer blood and stays there.

George

Oh and how would anyone suppose how Rio Grande Mans picture got on my signature. Cool Pic of him but I'm a lowly shoveler. and don't want my portrait flashed to the world of ET.

#6 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Post icon  Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Some amended tender physics coming up.

Cheers Bazza

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic