Elvas Tower: Another new model from Gaetan - SD9 - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another new model from Gaetan - SD9 Rate Topic: -----

#11 Inactive_SuperChief300_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

Make sure Gaetan re-does the white nose stripes correctly on these too since their also upside down
Both the GP7/9's and SD9's in red CB&Q livery that he's done recently, all have the nose stripes inverted the wrong way. Their upside down. All the CB&Q black units are correct though!

Hard to believe this mistake was done on 2 different models

Remember, researching Fallen Flags railroad photos is your friend!!

#12 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

Hard to believe this mistake was done on 2 different models

Even Gaetan is human, despite his superhuman efforts to produce models for just about every fallen flag ;) - thank you for pointing it out - despite my trawling through different photo sites, including Fallenflags, the sequence of the stripes had completely passed me by ;)

Like I said on the other post - no big deal and all easily remedied, in fact...all corrected now as are the Geeps...

Rod

Attached Image: CBQCR14.jpg

Attached Image: CBQCR11.jpg

#13 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostSuperChief300, on Oct 26 2008, 06:43 PM, said:

.....Hard to believe this mistake was done on 2 different models

No it's not. Considering the sheer numbers of different models in this series each with differing details, it's not surprising at all. I know how it is looking at the same models from a builder's perspective over a wide variety of examples for long periods of time -how easy it is for something so plain to see "get by you" until someone else seeing it for the first time see's the "sore thumb" right away.

At any rate the fixed Q SD's look excellent as do the whole group. I give them a 10! Just wish I could afford 'em.

#14 Inactive_SuperChief300_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

The white stripes look better oriented now but their still not correct. The end slant of the stripes aren't at a dead 45 degrees and the stripes are too thick. Looks like someone just rushed through altering the goof and inverted what was already painted.

No sale here yet!

#15 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

SuperChief300, we, and by that I include myself with Gaetan in this (as I take all the screenshots for him) are more than happy to take constructive criticism. The substance of your comments are definitely taken on board, will be referred to Gaetan, and will probably (because that is the kind of modeller Gaetan is) be acted upon.

However, I would ask that criticism and comment is kept polite as well as constructive, as is expected on these boards, where people get on very well together, whether or not they agree with one another. Your comment

Looks like someone just rushed through altering the goof and inverted what was already painted

even if it were correct (and I cannot comment on whether or not it is), is, perhaps unintentionally, offensive in the manner in which it has been put.

It is all in the way that something is said, for example, posed as a question - "has Gaetan perhaps just inverted the stripes? if so, I still don't think they are correct. The ends need to be at 45 degrees, and the stripes also seem to be a bit thick" - whilst pointing out the errors in the painting, is friendly, instructive and constructive.

Have a look around some of the posts, in the modelling areas, where people have problems, post things that aren't right and look for suggestions. This is Elvas Towers - there is a difference ;)

I have mailed Gaetan with your proposed alterations.

BTW, I didn't make comment on your last - Tim, the master modeller (who knows more than most about research and modelling) did so superbly - needless to say I agree with him.

Thanks for your continued input.

Rod

Back on track - CNW (I believe this is the last one ;) )

Attached Image: CNW1.jpg

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users