Regional Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:TS2013

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

From one fictional to another.
Attached Image: IMWRDelivery.jpg

CVR in the final stages of delivering Indiana Midwestern's GP38's to their owner, C. White in Indianapolis, ID. His payment? The use of 16,000 extra horses to lift this 12,000 ton manifest over the 2% grades.

#2 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

Neat idea, but if you want it to look more convincing, I wouldn't stick all that power on the head end of the train. Pulling that much weight behind it is bound to break a coupler in real world figures. I'd spread that power over the whole train and leave some at the tail end of it. :lol:

#3 User is offline   CRQ5508 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

View PostED_4, on Oct 23 2008, 12:34 AM, said:

Neat idea, but if you want it to look more convincing, I wouldn't stick all that power on the head end of the train. Pulling that much weight behind it is bound to break a coupler in real world figures. I'd spread that power over the whole train and leave some at the tail end of it. ;)

ummm. huh? spreading a group of 130 ton locomotives over a train is going to cause more problems. There's a reason to put all the locomotives there on the headend... and that's to keep cars from string-lining. If you have a string of empty cars and then one massive locomotive that's not putting any effort into the train, it's more than likely going to string line into a curve. And take a look at EVERY train with a power move. Where's all the power? on the head end... Trust me, putting the locomotives in random spots is going to cause problems, not cure them. And if those couplers couldn't handle the strain all at the headend. they wouldn't handle it on the tail end, or in the middle... I think you're trying to get at the idea of "pusher power" but that doesn't apply to DIT locomotives.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users