• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:08 AM

Hallo!
The Super Chief is coming!

Attached Image: scrgrb0.jpg

But what's that?

Attached Image: scrgrb1.jpg

Shortly before depature a damage with the regular streamliner was noticed and they had to pull this oldtimer out of its corner in the yard and put the Super Chief drumhead on it to get the train rolling on time.

Attached Image: scrgrb3.jpg

Inside the bar is ready to welcome the passengers and to calm down some people angry about the missing streamliner with a glass of free champagne.

All you need for this kind of emergency can be found in the "drumset" subfolder of my Santa Fe heavyweights. (instructions see readme)

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

#2 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:33 AM

I tried my first one, very niceAttached Image: drumhead.JPG

#3 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:26 AM

Most certainly. And they're an excellent set for Allen Norton's AT&SF 3751 at the head of it. :dance3:
Attached Image: MSTS_035.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_036.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_037.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_038.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_030.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_031.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_032.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_033.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_034.jpg

Thanks to the set that Mr Cowen provided for the marvelous carriage set and a re-lettering kit. Thanks, Dietmar, for the release of this Santa Fe re-lettered heavy weights. A much needed thing for a long time.

#4 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

Hi guys!

I'm sorry to say that the new Northerns will be a while longer as I've had a serious PC problem. Friday afternoon the power supply belched smoke and
died a terrible death. In it's death throes it also destroyed my video card. I have a newer pc but the old one was prefered for modeling. Upon transfering
the files to the newer pc I've noticed that the shape files are all corrupt and pulled out of shape. Luckily none of the TSM files seem to have been affected.
I've now decided to redo everything and do it properly using Polymaster instead of having that huge freight animation. Maybe later I could add the crew
members as a freight animation. Although this is a serious set back to their release I feel that they will be the better for it.

Thank you for your patience
Allen

#5 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

View PostB & O GUY, on Sep 28 2008, 02:02 PM, said:

Hi guys!

I'm sorry to say that the new Northerns will be a while longer as I've had a serious PC problem. Friday afternoon the power supply belched smoke and
died a terrible death. In it's death throes it also destroyed my video card. I have a newer pc but the old one was prefered for modeling. Upon transfering
the files to the newer pc I've noticed that the shape files are all corrupt and pulled out of shape. Luckily none of the TSM files seem to have been affected.
I've now decided to redo everything and do it properly using Polymaster instead of having that huge freight animation. Maybe later I could add the crew
members as a freight animation. Although this is a serious set back to their release I feel that they will be the better for it.

Thank you for your patience
Allen

Ah.. That wasn't smoke, that was steam. The undocumented MSTS feature for steam boiler explosions filled your case with steam and took out the video card, which in turn fried the power supply. You got things too realistic and the relief valve stuck on one of those Northerns.. Let's hope the sim never that realistic...

When you are happy, I am sure that we will be too.

Bill

#6 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

It's cool Allen. Take your time. I have this nice working test model already and is nicely doing just fine chugging along in the simulator. ^_^

Attached Image: MSTS_057.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_058.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_059.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_060.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_061.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_062.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_063.jpg

And thanks to Dietmar for his re-lettered and altered drumset version of Mr. Cowen's wonderful heavyweights, we've got this going for me for a while. All while you make work of the newer models. I'll still keep these old versions available after all the new ones come out. I like them all even the first versions. :o :D ;)

#7 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

Hi Allen!
It's a pity you lost some of your material, but I've already admired your patience and energy to redo things with the first 2900. I remember the discussion at the TS forum and hoped more than once that you wouldn't give up when more and more special wishes came from the forum. If you have the patience to work on the engines again and again it shouldn't be a problem for us to be patient too and wait for them. There are so many miles to go with the models we've already got.

Keep on steamin'! (this wish is for your locos, not your PC)
Dietmar

#8 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

I'm really sorry to hear this Allen, hope all goes well in the future. I live in a paranoid state all the time
waiting for the big crash. Once a week I have my son take a copy of my train sim to his house and put it on his computer as a backup. Good things are worth waiting for, hope you don't get discouraged

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users