• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MSTS and the real thing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hallo!
Here are some greetings from the other side of the pond. Maybe the picture is interesting for some of you although not being too artistic and not showing US railroads. I found the picture browsing my old screenshots. It shows a double headed excursion with two preserved oil fired class 41 engines. (owner: http://dampfloktradition.de/home.html ) at Troidorf, a smaller town near my home town Cologne. These engines were the last steam engines (together with class 44) in regular service in the western part of Germany. They worked up to 1977.

Attached Image: tdfmontage.jpg

Now to MSTS: The route is Pro Train's Rhine Valley, the first German addon from late 2001. The engines were made by Stoney from TSW ( http://www.train-sim-werk.de/ ), a creator well known for his superdetailed steamers. The cars are by German Railroads.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

#2 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Nice European steamers. Now I have a question. How do you get such a white colored smoke coming out of the stack? That is if it's not an AI train. I've tried to get something close, but nothing quite as white as that one there.

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Post icon  Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

Edwin, the colour of the smoke depends on a number of factors related to combustion taking place in the firebox. In MSTS the smoke changes colour from white thru to fairly dark gray and vice versa. It comes down to the firing ability of the AI fireman, or if on manual, you as the fireman.

Cheers Bazza

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users