• Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

http://www.elvastowe...code=sst&id=340
File Name: FJ&G Freight Activity using FJ&G's Brill 300
File Submitter: charland
File Submitted: 17 Jul 2008
File Updated: 21 Aug 2009
File Category: Activities

Operate FJ&G train 134 from the freight house to Fonda, returning as train 135. Activity is the midday run of the FJ&G's Brill 300 handling express freight from Gloversville and Johnstown to the REA office in the Fonda Station based on the 1954 Employees Timetable.

Paul :-)

Original File Name = fjg134.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

Nice act Paul! And nice Brill and fixes from Tim as well. B) A couple of questions though. When coming back from Fonda, does one 'drag' the engine with brakes on to maintain constant speed? I notch up to 25mph, throttle down - and within a second I'm back to 20mph and throttle up again. Using the locomotive brake going down is easy enough, but coming back is a real chore!
Also, the act ends when I return to Johnstown. But your briefing makes it sound like it goes on to Gloversville, and back into the siding. Is that correct?

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

That's odd, didn't end for me until I reached the Gloversville freight house, even then it only ended when I ended it. Nothing I set up myself. There is a note that should appear from the conductor saying it's OK to go, I'll check and see what happened to that.

To be honest, I had the bug set up for 60 mph and when going up the hill from Fonda I was able to sit back a 33% throttle with only the odd shot of train break to keep under 25 mph, and in some spots popping up to 66% for a few moments. The engine file was from an RDC and it was set for 85 mph, I dropped that to 60, but it would appear that Tim dropped that to 35 and I haven't tried it on the hill yet (was beta testing with it on another route for the last two days and did see my maximum speed go from 65 to 45 after changing engine files).

I'd run with train brakes on, beats working that throttle. If you smell something bad, try something else!

Paul :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users