• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DIY A hobby within a hobby Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ddedicos 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

Hi guys,

The turning point for me in my early experience with MSTS was learning to repaint\reskin models to suit my interest in having equipment in paint schemes that were not available at the time. My focus was on anything concerning roads such as L&N, SCL, IC(G), mostly roads of the deep south. I bought PSP 7 on Ebay for 30 bucks and began reading as many tutorials on-line as I could find, many of which had nothing to do with modeling I might add!
Anyway, long story short, it is not that hard to learn to use a good graphics editor using lots of patience and PRACTICE! I guess this post is more for the newer folks to the hobby and this forum, which I find much more informative and inspiring than most others :unclesam: Thanks for listening!
[attachment=7424:SFCAN024.jpg]

#2 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

View Postddedicos, on Jul 10 2008, 07:24 AM, said:

I guess this post is more for the newer folks to the hobby and this forum, which I find much more informative and inspiring than most others :) Thanks for listening!

Couldn't agree more! This hobby for me is the 'perfect storm', an attraction that combines love of railroads, computer programming, with minimal space and $$$ requirements compared to model railroading. In a few short years, I've been able to expand from re-skinning, to activity building, ENG file manipulation, cabview creation and I now have both TSM and 3DC on my computer (un-used as of yet) :shock6:

Can the Route Editor be far behind?? :unclesam:

Oh, by the way, GREAT looking SCL reskins!

Rick

#3 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

Hello ddedicos(?):

Welcome to the fun and immersive world of MSTS! Your repaints are looking nice. I also like your selection of "favorite" railroads... the L&N was a fascinating line!

As Rick stated, this hobby can be so many things, and compared to model railroading, a fantastic bargain!

Have fun and continue to grow and learn about things MSTS.

Andre Ming
V Scale Creations
http://www.vscalecreations.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users