• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jonathan Lewis' Rio Grande Southern v3 Why I Love It Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

I talk about that consist in the winter train thread which I linked on the other post. Even though there are about 20 cars in the consist, most are empty and most of them are the little 8 ton cars of the TOC. The rear end helper is mostly coasting as the two on the point could probably handle the train. Fully loaded 1903 cars, like the D&RG's 3000 class boxcars, weigh in at about 35 tons. Fully loaded 1880 cars, like those little 8000 series gons, only come in at about 23 tons.

Wow! You must have a small hard drive. But then as I recall, MSTS is the main reason why I went with a 500 Gig drive in this monster!

I stand corrected, Don's C&S is on Train-Sim.com.

#12 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

View Postatsf37l, on May 19 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

I talk about that consist in the winter train thread which I linked on the other post. Even though there are about 20 cars in the consist, most are empty and most of them are the little 8 ton cars of the TOC. The rear end helper is mostly coasting as the two on the point could probably handle the train. Fully loaded 1903 cars, like the D&RG's 3000 class boxcars, weigh in at about 35 tons. Fully loaded 1880 cars, like those little 8000 series gons, only come in at about 23 tons.

Wow! You must have a small hard drive. But then as I recall, MSTS is the main reason why I went with a 500 Gig drive in this monster!

I stand corrected, Don's C&S is on Train-Sim.com.

I do swap routes so it's cool. That's why I got those DVDR discs.

Anyway, I also have FS9 in my system which currently occupies a good chunk of my hard drive, about almost 3 times more than MSTS. Yeah, that's my other sim and a few variations of Falcon 4.0 to top it off. I'm a flight simulator enthusiast too. :) If I'm not railroading in MSTS or Trainz 2006 (I rarely run this so it only occupies a small space compared to FS9 or even MSTS, somehow I don't particularly care for the graphic look on that one), I'm flying in the virtual skies of FS9 or Falcon 4.0 or even Orbiter. :)

You can see a lot of my flight simulator shots over at Nels' FlightSim.com -sister site to Train-Sim.com. I also use the same forum name over there, so it's not hard to spot me. :) Anyway, thanks for the reply.

This post has been edited by ED_4: 19 May 2008 - 06:38 AM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users