Elvas Tower: What's In The Bag - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's In The Bag Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_wpfan_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:45 PM

Steve's post about getting a new Canon Digital Rebel prompted me to ask, what does everyone keep in their camera case?

Here's my personnal stats: I have a Canon AE-1 body and a Canon EF body. Out of the two the EF is my favorite, it's got quite a bit of heft and has manual shutter operation from 1 second to 1/1000 second, 2 seconds to 30 seconds is controlled by an electric shutter. As for lenses I cary a Canon 50mm f1.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, a Seikanon 135mm f2.8, and a Canon 70-210mm f4. For metering purposes I use a Gossen Luna Pro. AS for films I don't like to shoot any faster than ASA100 for color, and ASA400 for black and white, which I bulk load.

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:59 PM

B) Bag? How about a pocket? I just have one little Olympus D-580 that fits in my shirt pocket. Works for me. B) But I'm not the photog you guys are.

I did grab a sketch pad and a No.2 pencil and climbed up in the cab of an opportune BN F-7 once. I still have that sketch around here somewhere.....

This post has been edited by timmuir: 01 August 2004 - 05:02 PM

#3 User is offline   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:43 PM

Backpack camera case, Canon Digital Rebel, 1Gb CF card, 18-55mm Canon lens, 70-300 Sigma lens, UV filter, Polarizing filter, lens tissue, extra battery, 2nd CF card, medium weight tripod strapped to back of pack, small plant sprayer (spritzer) to wet small plants, spider webs, rocks, etc, for better photos, collapsing 22" reflector to light those shadows, and the Damn INSTRUCTION BOOK, till I know how to run everything! (Not to mention my reading glasses, so I can see the data on the back and in the manual) Total weight, 6 1/2 pounds without tripod, 11 with.

For comparison sake, my old Nikormat EL, 3 Nikkor lenses, etc., without tripod, 10 1/2 pounds. So far, I'd say print quality is very comparable to Fuji Velvia 100 slide film, in a 20" wide, full frame print, both shots on tripod, optimum F stop, etc.

#4 User is offline   Nalle13 

• Ducatisti (-97 ST2)

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:36 PM

I finally just got a descent digital camera as well. Been trying it out a little during the trip to Greece. I'm pleased with the results so far and I think I can achieve even better as soon as I get the manual for it... B) It was missing when I bought it and I haven't recieved it yet. B)
It's a Pentax Optio 550 with 5 Megapixels and 5x optical zoom (plus 3x digital).
Now all I need is a plane ticket to California :)

#5 Inactive_Cell0518_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Post icon  Posted 02 August 2004 - 06:19 AM

Well, Ive got a Digital Rebel DSLR. Kicks behind. B) I love it. Sure beats that 2MP P n' S Camera I had. B)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users