• You cannot reply to this topic

Different sound questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xterms 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 May 2024 - 08:50 AM

Hey colleagues,

I'm going on with creating my own contents because I didn't like some sounds.

There is the Knorr D12 brake lever. The lever has a clicking sound when pulled, then you can hear the gas flowing through the system. I wanted to get that clicking sound exactly once, as soon as the lever is pulled. My problem is, it is sometimes played multiple times after applying or releasing the brakes. I tried to use DisableTrigger and EnableTrigger with DiscreteTrigger 14, 139 and even VariableTrigger ( BrakeCyl...) but it doesn't do much.

Solution would be to play it once and disable it until the pressure stops changing, either upwards or downwards.

Sample:
Stream (
				Priority ( 5 )
				Triggers ( 7
					Discrete_Trigger ( 17	PlayOneShot ( 1	File ( "this should be the clicking sound.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 14	PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "V43_V4_fekfolym.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 14	DisableTrigger ( 2 ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 14	EnableTrigger ( 5 ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 54	PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "V43_V4_fekfolym.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 54	DisableTrigger ( 2 ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 54	EnableTrigger ( 5 ) )
				)
			)

(I deleted all my experiments, this was the raw entry from another sms).

Any suggestions?

Thanks, cheers.
X

#2 User is offline   xterms 

• Hostler

Posted 13 May 2024 - 09:28 AM

View PostWeter, on 13 May 2024 - 09:21 AM, said:

Hello.
Good idea, as always.
There are MSTS separate triggers for handle advance: throttle, reverser, Train and Engine brake.
Please, see reference, cause I haven't in in my hands just now. For me, they work well.

I always use the https://open-rails.r...test/sound.html as a reference.

There is only Trigger 17 for Trainbrakechange as far as I see.

One can also use 14 for TrainBrakePressureIncrease which in fact plays the sound only once, but there is a disturbingly long delay between moving the lever and the sound.

#3 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 May 2024 - 09:34 AM

IIRC, that's Discrete Trigger #17
Nothing to do with pressure change for simulation of fixator's clicks.
The secret is making separate streams for clicks and air hiss.

14 for TrainBrakePressureIncrease which in fact plays the sound only once

You can make a loop for hiss, while put all the clicks of cab controls to seperate stream with many triggers and one-shot commands.
Doubtfully, You will click all things in cab at the same time, so, that will likely be enough.

For hiss and brakeshoes rumbling, see these triggers:
TrainBrakePressureStoppedChanging : for rolling stock equipped with train brakes, to use with triggers 14 and 54, triggered when the automatic brake pressure stops changing
EngineBrakePressureStoppedChanging : for locomotives with engine/independent brakes, to use with triggers 21 and 22, triggered when the engine brake pressure stops changing
BrakePipePressureIncrease : for rolling stock equipped with train brakes, triggered when brake pipe/brakeline pressure increases
BrakePipePressureDecrease : for rolling stock equipped with train brakes, triggered when brake pipe/brakeline pressure decreases
BrakePipePressureStoppedChanging : for rolling stock equipped with train brakes, triggered when brake pipe/brakeline pressure stops changing

#4 User is offline   xterms 

• Hostler

Posted 13 May 2024 - 09:55 AM

View PostWeter, on 13 May 2024 - 09:40 AM, said:

For hiss and brakeshoes rumbling, see these triggers:

My problem is with the clicking sound when moving the lever, the hissing one is functioning correctly (surprisingly :dance3: ).
I just dont want the clicking sound to be played again while it hisses.

Here is the real one to be simulated (1:19 in case it doesn't start from there):
https://youtu.be/frq...yjK6z3AVfq&t=79

Edit: well he's moving it too fast :D so there's not really that rattling sound, but it should be when moving the lever.

#5 User is offline   xterms 

• Hostler

Posted 16 May 2024 - 11:40 AM

View PostWeter, on 13 May 2024 - 01:17 PM, said:

The other thing might be lever's setting.
If it's being set as notched (zero) - player will have to press keyboard every time - and click will be played with each press.
If it's being set as range (one) - player can hold keyboard's button and lever will move, playing only one click (if "one shot")

Thanks for your efforts!
I guess it is a matter of compromise.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users