• You cannot reply to this topic

Cab Improvement Wishes (CVF extensions, views etc) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:22 PM

Hi

ORTS has come a long way. But now that there has been additions an tweaks to CVF files without having to go back to MSTS an see crying errors pop up, I am curious about some new future additions an improvements. I have had motivations up an down at cab building and have 3 in the works.

Since there has not been a new editor for cabs 2D/3D, there is always the complications of manually editing or adding components into the cvf files. It's quite complicated to keep firing ORTS to keep checking-correcting positions, views, angle etc.

Is it possible for ORTS implement cvf files to have a support for expansion or component extensions added to a line to reduce too many edits? If you don't understand what I mean read the examples:

1a. One creates a stand alone cvf Computer Display or flat analog panel with all the digital, needle, button and other components positioned, justified in one file.

1b. The stand alone cvf with just components of a display is treated like a Inc file added to another cvf in lined, positioned, sized, angle twisted, stretched to their satisfaction with less complications to do a variety of cab views an re position every guage or button components all over again if one wants variety.

1c. With 1b exampled, one may want to consider doing commuter cabs that have cameras from a camera angle or passenger view as if it was a video camera from the cab. Or finely have a view structured an sized to have mirrors treated as a view direction from the cab.

1d. Just like 1c, the future for cabs is to have weather or season changing effects that one may want to finely have trans alpha windshields with a wiper animations that changes the view to whipe off dirt, snow or rain at a speed to change to condition shader. I have had reshade shaders that animates rain bubble fuzz like views or buzzed drunk like views and thought it was funny at demonstrations to press that trigger on wireless keyboard when someone did something wrong or crashed into something lol.

The above is my wish for cab component extension savings as if cabs had Inc file like possibilities but now I have an improvement or component request. Newer Gevos, 70ACe or modified C44ACM have 2 seperate digital traction effort lines one for unit itself and one for whole consist group effort.

2. Is it possible to get improvements or a new cvf component to view total consist Traction/Braking effort since ORTS Signed Traction seam to act the same as Traction Braking or am i misunderstanding that? This need will make users cautious an have a big view of total group effort being produced to reduce excessive draft/bunch forces to try reducing critical limits of breaking knuckles or following company guidelines like company I work for thinks operators should not exceed 250klb coupler forces even though most couplers can stand 400-500klbf.

3. Is it possible to impliment Consists group indication loading? This line shows how many units in the group are MU up, on and running at the 2nd decimal while the first decimal shows how many of those units are Rev up an loading traction or braking efforts. Pic attached bellow.
Attached Image: Screenshot_20240428-112207_Gallery.jpg

Attached Image: Screenshot_20240428-112113_Gallery.jpg

Work in progress cab is using a display overlay that's stretched an sized on the left with components added while the right duplicated overlay is using a dial component graphic to angle itself at a minimum max limit since ORTSAngle is not implemented to use every type of component but will be left blank or small basic digital components till a whole display cvf inc like file can be added an angled.
Attached Image: 20240428_131103.jpg

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 April 2024 - 01:20 PM

Hello.

keep checking-correcting positions, views, angle etc.

I open front view in paint and have rulers and gird (Ctrl+G) on to see position.
Current pointer's position can be read from the bottom status-bar. It might be needed to divide/multiple by two in some cases.

1b.
Reminds me MSFS cab editor, where gauges are shared and may be dragged&dropped to desired place of cab, being edited.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users