• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Curve track sections problem with superelevation Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Niker 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rials

Posted 04 April 2024 - 07:50 PM

Hi everyone I'm new in this forum! I'm developing a route and I've encountered the following problem:
When I replace the default tracks curve sections with the DBtracks, in TSRE5 that look fine, but, when I see it in open rails for some reason when having superelevation activated, the dbtracks are replaced by the default tracks. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/dGcrMXj

https://imgur.com/a/INkvGFn

This post has been edited by Niker: 04 April 2024 - 08:14 PM

#2 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 04 April 2024 - 08:48 PM

For superelevation to function on track types other than the default/XTracks shape, you need a TrProfile.stf file in the ROUTES\routename\TRACKPROFILES folder. Unfortunately, I don't know if a track profile for that particular variant of DBTracks exists. If you can't find a track profile you'll have to set superelevation to 0 to prevent the tracks from looking wrong.

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 April 2024 - 09:14 PM

From the OR manual --- Section 6.9.1 Super-elevation:

OR implements super-elevated tracks using Dynamic Tracks. You can change the appearance of tracks by creating a <route folder>/TrackProfiles/ TrProfile.stf file.
The document How to Provide Track Profiles for Open Rails Dynamic Track.pdf describing the creation of track profiles can be found in the Menu > Documents drop-down or the Open Rails /Source/Documentation/ folder.

For more information search "track profiles" in the Elvas forums.

#4 User is offline   hehl 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 April 2024 - 09:20 PM

You can get the TrackProfiles for DB-Tracks from the German tssf.eu forum.

Sadly the instructions by the author Lutz_s are only written in German. Here is a translation of the 'LiesMich' file (read me).

DBTracks profiles for OpenRails

With the profiles included in the package, a DBTracks-style display can be created under OpenRails despite curve superelevation.

Profiles for DB1-4 (normal and with contact wire) are included. There appear to be two versions of the DB3 profile, one with brackets as with the other profiles and one with screws.

*** Use in OpenRails ***
Unfortunately, OpenRails currently only allows one profile at the same time, so you still have to live with a compromise if different DBTracks types have been installed in a route.

A subfolder "Trackprofiles" must be created in the route folder. The desired profile must then be copied into this folder and renamed to "TrProfile.stf". This profile will now be used instead of the standard profile when curve superelevation is switched on.

I hope that these profile files do not contradict Norbert Rieger's wishes, but help to carry his wonderful work into the future.

Lutz Döllermann

#5 User is offline   Niker 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rials

Posted 05 April 2024 - 09:42 AM

hehl, on 04 April 2024 - 09:20 PM, said:

You can get the TrackProfiles for DB-Tracks from the German tssf.eu forum.

Sadly the instructions by the author Lutz_s are only written in German. Here is a translation of the 'LiesMich' file (read me).

Thanks to all of you for the help! I installed the TrackProfiles and it works now

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users