• You cannot reply to this topic

Consist become traffic Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   alexandru 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails 1.5.1

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:12 AM

Hello everyone.

I was thinking these days if it is possible a consist (your train after you are detached) to become AI Traffic?
I thought of the option for another AI Traffic locomotive to attach itself to the remaining set and take it over
If you have other idea, i very excited to find this answer.

Thanks,
Alex

#2 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:07 AM

it basically does.....example...I built an activity where a passenger train had two private cars attached to it. I had built an ai traffic that consisted of a single engine. with Open Rails you set a wait point on an ai route that can be triggered by the player. in my example...the ai engine started it's movement at a set time...hit the wait point and paused. When the passenger train hit the trigger (right before a station stop) the engine moved out behind the passenger train. reversed then coupled onto the two private cars...removing them from player service....then the engine with it's two passenger cars proceeded on it's path to the path's end....where ever that was...

#3 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:46 AM

Hello.

Naturally. It is described in the online manual. It's good because the browser translates it.
Picking up unloaded cars with the AI locomotive is very easy. Your route should extend under the parked cars with a turning point.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 March 2024 - 12:21 PM

In timetable mode, there are extensive facilities for such actions using the $detach, $attach and $transfer commands.
Not only can a consist be taken over by another engine, it is also quite easy to set up portioned workings, combine or split trains or transfer through coaches from one train to another.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users