• You cannot reply to this topic

TimeTable Mode Priority

#1 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 05:17 AM

Attached Image: Clipboard Image (1).jpg

As its seen in the image, ignore the 20922 train, my issue is: the train with number 12933 Departs first and then is given red signal after crossing the platform's first signal, its stays Red till the trains(82901 and 12931) passes from the section, but I have not given any follow or wait command to this 12933 train in reference to the above trains (82901 and 12931), also as its seen in the image, there is a huge difference b/w the departure times of the respective trains. (Pls look for departure Time from Mumbai Central Terminus Station)

So why Open Rails is not clearing the path for 12933 train considering the fact there is huge time difference in their departure times, Here how the Ranking of Trains is defined?

Also one more Question, for 09420 train the $creep command is given at a specific location, is it possible to give this command for specific station halts, that means the train enters the loop at that particular station so the speed should be below 30, but in the route 70 speed limit is given, mostly for entering loops 30 shall be the min. speed, but for other station halts the train enters on a main line platform(no loops), so the train can enter with 50-60 speed so there creep command is not necessary. I was thinking since its the speed command if its given in the speed row it might be applied to all station halts.

Please help me to Clarify these issues and doubts.

#2 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 March 2024 - 07:29 AM

Depending on the paths it looks like the other 2 trains are clearing themselves and getting priority before 12933

You could add wait commands to these trains at their stop at Surat, so that they will then remain there, this is how I usually organize train priority at busy stations

Alternately the $hold signal command also sounds feasible, although I have never worked with this before

#3 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 17 March 2024 - 12:12 AM

View PostWeter, on 16 March 2024 - 06:02 AM, said:

Hello.
09420's #start field contains invalid data in square brackets

Trains ## 82901 and 12931 start at the same time (14:00), as # 12933, so, they should have #wait 12933 for giving priority to latter, I think...
Even better, $hold command should hold red for every train on station (or individually - as You want), untill 2 minutes to departure time!
For the train-related commands #note row should be added.

Why not to enter $creep XX speeds for every of path's parts (one or multiple stations in order)?

Please, look Manual for more details about mentioned and other commands - You'll learn many useful things and will understand better.
If still not clear - ask us more questions.

Actually for 09420 I want to Delay that Train by 45 minutes, So I gave that particular delay command according to the docs, in seconds it comes out (2400), please correct the syntax if its wrong, I have given $hold and $closeupsignal commands for all the stations directly after the first column of the stations(Shown in the attached Image). Well the issue of 12933 got fixed when I added $follow commands for 82901 and 12931, but still I wish that OR should give Priorities based on the departure time since there is a huge difference.

And I didn't understand that #note row and how to apply the $creep command, can you please explain with example, since for 09420 I want to know how can I make it enter with specific speeds at different station halts, as according to its path the First station where it enters there is a loop, so speed shall be <=30; But as it proceeds to next halts its mostly on the main-line platforms where it can enter with speeds<=50 or 60; so I also dont want it to enter main line platform with low speeds, how can this be achieved, please provide an example of the same if possible.

Thanks in Advance .... :)

Attached Image: Clipboard Image.jpg

#4 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 17 March 2024 - 12:14 AM

View Postjoe_star, on 16 March 2024 - 07:29 AM, said:

Depending on the paths it looks like the other 2 trains are clearing themselves and getting priority before 12933

You could add wait commands to these trains at their stop at Surat, so that they will then remain there, this is how I usually organize train priority at busy stations

Alternately the $hold signal command also sounds feasible, although I have never worked with this before

Yeah fixed that by giving follow command at Mumbai Central, as in Actual Practice 12933 is way ahead of those trains.

#5 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 March 2024 - 02:16 AM

Hello.
Glad' You've done that.
Let's see, what You've answered to me...

for 09420 I want to Delay that Train by 45 minutes

Random delay?
If no, why not just increase it's departure time by 45 minutes?

I have given $hold and $closeupsignal commands for all the stations directly after the first column of the stations(Shown in the attached Image)

This is the better solution, than adding commands to the same cell, where the name of station is, but then -
Check, that the very top cell of that second column is EMPTY then. In case, it's not (#comment for instance will disable all commands, entered below)

I wish that OR should give Priorities based on the departure time since there is a huge difference.

when $hold command will work, no train will block tracks ahead, before two minutes to departure time.
Spare $follow commands fore more individual cases.

I didn't understand that #note row

Add that row before first station row (or wherever You'd like) and all commands for train (if any) in that row will be applied to the whole train's route, instead of concrete station and farther.

how to apply the $creep command

try to enter it into needed station's cell of the train: 30 for some stations and 70 (or what?) for other.

#6 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 17 March 2024 - 03:17 AM

Hello.

https://kephost.net/p/MTE1NzQ3NA.png

$create can help.
The command must be entered in the #start line. The form of the command:
8:08 $create=4:11
The first time data specifies the time when the railway signal was released. The actual departure time of the train is minus two minutes. The time data after the equal sign is the time when the train was created. From this time on, the train can be seen in the form of a kind of static train. Not sure you need this, but you might.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#7 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 17 March 2024 - 11:04 PM

View PostWeter, on 17 March 2024 - 03:23 AM, said:

If no $create command - train will be created at 0:00
See, how #note row is inserted (it's empty there)

Hello Weter.

You are wrong. If there is no $create command, the train is created at the time specified in the #start line and immediately sets the railway signal free.
That's the difference.
The time of setting the railway signal can be influenced with the $create command.

#8 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 18 March 2024 - 05:04 AM

View PostWeter, on 17 March 2024 - 02:16 AM, said:

Hello.
Glad' You've done that.
Let's see, what You've answered to me...

Random delay?
If no, why not just increase it's departure time by 45 minutes?

This is the better solution, than adding commands to the same cell, where the name of station is, but then -
Check, that the very top cell of that second column is EMPTY then. In case, it's not (#comment for instance will disable all commands, entered below)

when $hold command will work, no train will block tracks ahead, before two minutes to departure time.
Spare $follow commands fore more individual cases.

Add that row before first station row (or wherever You'd like) and all commands for train (if any) in that row will be applied to the whole train's route, instead of concrete station and farther.

try to enter it into needed station's cell of the train: 30 for some stations and 70 (or what?) for other.

Thanks for the Explanation I'll try accordingly, one more question: Is there any way to hold the platform signal red till the departure time? Like in Actual Practice, when train arrives a particular halt, its not given clear signal even 2 minutes before its departure time, Say for example a train has arrival and departure time: 18:10-18:16 respectively, if actual practice is followed, till 18:16 that particular train will not be given clear signal till 18:16; Is there any way this can be achieved(for TT mode)? Also if that train arrives late(5-10 minutes or more), i.e. after 18:16 then any way to make it stop for certain random time?, also in this case also the signal should be not cleared for the random time its being held on that station (if delayed by 5-10 minutes or more).

And For that 09420's Delay I cant change the departure time since that is its actual schedule, Actually this is Festival Special Train and such trains have really low priority, and these trains are often delayed by 6hrs+ or even more, for this TT I wanted to delay it by 45-50 minutes. So changing the departure time is not an option.

#9 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 18 March 2024 - 05:43 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 17 March 2024 - 03:17 AM, said:

Hello.

https://kephost.net/p/MTE1NzQ3NA.png

$create can help.
The command must be entered in the #start line. The form of the command:
8:08 $create=4:11
The first time data specifies the time when the railway signal was released. The actual departure time of the train is minus two minutes. The time data after the equal sign is the time when the train was created. From this time on, the train can be seen in the form of a kind of static train. Not sure you need this, but you might.

Sincerely, Laci1959

Thanks for the explanation, I'll try the create command, but still if you can rectify the present command which I have entered for 09420 train specifying its delay, it will be a great help.

#10 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:19 AM

Hello.
What's for us today?

Is there any way to hold the platform signal red till the departure time?

I guess - no.

this is Festival Special Train and such trains have really low priority

read about $waitany ang $noclaim commands

changing the departure time is not an option

restart delay to 45 minutes, expressed in in seconds

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users