• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A little perspective Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 March 2024 - 04:38 AM

I figured it would be kind of fun to show everyone the progress we have made over 22 years that MSTS has been in existence.

Installing the old MSTS game onto my PC has given me a new appreciation to everyone who has helped make Open Rails what it is today! It has really taken an army to get to where we are and I am grateful for the ones who started Open Rails in the first place along with the coders, testers, and content creators who work day in and day out to keep improving Open Rails.

Sure we may have our differences in how we want things done but seeing how much more flexibility Open Rails has compared to MSTS is mind blowing. At the end of the day we need to remember this is a game, something we can all enjoy together along with reminding ourselves that Open Rails does have a future in the Train Sim World.

We should all be reminded that if we all keep working together and do our part even if it is as small as testing out locomotives for coders, creating new content that has new features that Open Rails has or helping out with just a little bit of coding we can keep making Open Rails not only a better simulator visually but also one of the best simulators out there when it comes to physics.

These photos just prove how far we really have come over the years and I hope we can all keep working together to make Open Rails even better for years to come!

Attached Image: Flying Scotsman.jpg

Attached Image: Screenshot 2024-03-09 053426.jpg

Attached Image: Acela.jpg

Attached Image: Screenshot 2024-03-09 060557.jpg

Attached Image: scrgrb4.jpg

Attached Image: Screenshot 2024-03-09 055656.jpg

Attached Image: scrgrb9.jpg

Attached Image: Screenshot 2024-03-08 222007.jpg

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 March 2024 - 04:44 AM

Great topic!
Amen!
And Thank You, Brandon!

Maybe, other members could add their pictures and impressions too? Do You mind?

#3 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 March 2024 - 05:42 PM

I just thought it would be fun to show the progression of Open Rails over the years from MSTS days to today! Now one thing I thought would be kind of cool to do as a promotional thing for Open Rails is make a youtube video of MSTS routes and locomotives and then transition over to today's Open Rails with the Amtrak Acela, BNSF Marias Pass route and the Flying Scotsman with updated rolling locomotives and rolling stock to show off what Open Rails is capable of.

Brandon

#4 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 March 2024 - 04:25 AM

Yeah. And maybe featuring future cool Genesis model too.
I know, there are advanced models of Gölsdorf 310 (not drivable 380 decapod, but passenger one) and Pendennis on TS.com as well, BNSF C44-9.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users