We have MERGE but no SPLIT in ROUTE Riter
Thanks

#2 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 16 February 2024 - 05:20 PM

Hi John,

I just removed 135 miles of a 200 mile route using both MSTS RE and TSRE. I removed all objects from each tile, deleted the Global file, then removed the four terrain tile entries. I guess if I took another copy of the 200 mile route and did the same and kept the lower 135 miles that would amount to splitting the route.

Odd thing is, I can rebuilt the TDB in MSTS RE and come up with no errors, I can run it through Route-Riter with no errors, but TSRE list errors on tiles that no longer exist. I test run the route as I'm adding to it, so every few days, and the OR logs shows no errors other then the usual one for a couple of Wayne Campbell's cars because it doesn't recognize the shader Wayne used.

Paul :-)

#3 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 17 February 2024 - 01:51 AM

Odd thing is, I can rebuilt the TDB in MSTS RE and come up with no errors, I can run it through Route-Riter with no errors, but TSRE list errors on tiles that no longer exist. I test run the route as I'm adding to it, so every few days, and the OR logs shows no errors other then the usual one for a couple of Wayne Campbell's cars because it doesn't recognize the shader Wayne used.

Hello.

I switched to using TSRE a couple of years ago. I also use the error correction function more or less regularly. Where it indicated an error, it really was. I haven't cast a shadow yet.
If you refer to a tile that no longer exists as an error location, then there may still be an entry referring to the given tile in the track database (files with rdb, rit, tdb, tit extension). In the Alföld track, popular in Hungary, I found errors that were not indicated by either the MSTS Route Editor or the OR LOG file. These errors are either due to incorrect track construction or a bug in MSTS RE. I think the Alföld course has been developed since 2007.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#4 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 17 February 2024 - 04:06 AM

Morning Laci,

So how did you remove the errors from tiles that no longer exist?

Before I deleted the tiles I did go to the locations were TSRE was indicating an error and found nothing.

While removing track along the 135 miles I had a few places where TSRE would remove the track texture but not the TDB line above it. I ended up removing the piece of track in MSTS RE with no problem and then went back to the location in TSRE and everything was removed.

#5 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 February 2024 - 05:40 AM

This may just be one of the quirks with the msts tdb rebuild. If by chance you had a backup tdb in the same directory when you ran the rebuild, that backup is used as a starting point and basis for the rebuild. It may retain fragments of the previously laid track even though it is no longer present in the W files.

You might have some degree of success by manually deleting items in the tdb, and then letting tsre renumber it when it opens up the next time.

#6 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 17 February 2024 - 07:02 AM

So how did you remove the errors from tiles that no longer exist?

Good afternoon.

It is 4 o'clock in the afternoon in Budapest.
I was lucky because the error was on a real tile.
Did you try to jump there?
If it is not possible, because it is not possible to jump to every error, try the automatic correction. In the Settings.txt file, paste the following lines.
# automatic error correction
autoFix = false
Of course it should be set to True. If the repair was done as you envisioned, set it back to False. If it's not necessary, it shouldn't happen because of our backs that we didn't want.
I think there is no need to draw attention to the importance of backup.

#7 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 17 February 2024 - 08:21 AM

Never thought of that, I probably did have the TDB backup in the folder. I'll have to remove the four backups and give it a try thanks.

At the time I did jump to the tiles as they were stripped of everything but the World and Tile files were still in place. There was nothing at the place I jumped to, even in wire mode there was nothing to be seen. I will try the auto correction. I'll try removing the backups first and do another TDB rebuild and see if the errors disappear first.

#8 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 17 February 2024 - 08:42 AM

The following entry can also be used:
# Load all files
loadAllWFiles = false
For a job like this, it might be worth turning it on. If all errors have disappeared, then turn it off. It doesn't cause much trouble, it just takes a long time to load a larger route.
It is advisable to make a backup copy of the World folder in addition to the four database files.
Unfortunately, sometimes it also deletes objects that look good. For me, the railway signals disappeared from several places. We investigated what happened afterwards and TSRE was right. It was my fault because I tampered with the Sigcfg.dat file. You study until you die. However, the previously existing faulty signaling operations have disappeared.

Trainsim.com has released tsre-v8.001. I'm getting to know him now. It's a little weird, but I'll get used to it. You don't need to turn on the black cubes to search for errors. The black cube is from the MSTS days. It is about entries that are missing from the WORLD files, but remained in the tdb file.

My link

#9 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 17 February 2024 - 09:08 AM

Thanks Laci!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic