Elvas Tower: Installing Travis's Brilliant B&M and LQS Signal Systems - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installing Travis's Brilliant B&M and LQS Signal Systems Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 February 2024 - 04:20 AM

Hi Folks,

As the title says - his signals are really a work of art.

Both ends of the route used searchlight signals - the center portion used semaphores - so I had to combine two sets.

I'm no signal guy - probably not prototypical - came up with my own scheme - Auto's 3 miles apart - then an Auto 1 mile before an Absolute with "Check Signal Ahead" selected. The B&M signals are speed defining - I assigned 15 MPH for Restricted - 20 MPH for Slow - and 30 MPH for Medium. You set the speeds indicated by the signals - by using the Control Signals Travis included. You still need to place Japanese Speed Posts - so AI will actually follow the speeds as well. I forgot to bury the two Control Signals under the gantry in the shot - oops.

This is a "Medium Approach" - the switch is sharp entering an industrial urban town area - the engineer knows to use 30 MPH from the signal - as well as the posted speed. As I mentioned - I don't know if it's prototypical. The passing siding is set to Slow - so from a mile out he knows which track he is getting.

I have most of the "main" done - almost from end to end - it seems to work quite well. I need to figure out the end of route terminations - it's in the guide - just haven't tested them yet.

Travis clearly spent a massive amount of time developing these wonderful signal sets - I hope others are using them too.

One TSRE Mod we truly need - is defining a placement radius - for objects - it's so easy to throw signals all over the place without realizing it. I find stray signals all the time - sometimes in the most obscure locations.

Next up - animated switch stands - either Jovet's or Travis's - not sure yet - I think Jovet's are more frame rate friendly, and the density will be high.

https://i.postimg.cc/fWc2rzV3/Open-Rails-2024-02-01-09-41-11.png

Thanks Travis:
:sign_thanks:

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 02 February 2024 - 07:19 AM

That's some really nice route work Scott.
Travis' signals are a work of art and add a lot to any route.
Are you using the new and improved track they've been working on over as TS?

Randy

#3 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 February 2024 - 06:01 AM

View Poststeved, on 02 February 2024 - 07:19 AM, said:

That's some really nice route work Scott.
Travis' signals are a work of art and add a lot to any route.
Are you using the new and improved track they've been working on over as TS?

Randy

Hi Randy,

Thanks - I have visions of a busy operation from end to end - with much of the locomotive fleet recreated - I keep plugging along.

I’ve been following the track posts with interest but I don’t think they would work on Paul’s route - i think there are a lot of custom track pieces.

Regards,
Scott

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users