• You cannot reply to this topic

Configure Raildriver Cab Controller in Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sonnenkop 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 January 2024 - 02:55 AM

Hello, I have a question :)

I use Open Rails and the Rail Driver Cab Controller works in it too :)

But how to configure the Rail Driver in Open Rails?

I've already tried using the Rail Driver Cab Maker, but the saved changes are not adopted by Open Rails :(

But there must have been a "Rail Driver" tab in the Open Rails options in the past. I also tried it with the 1.3 version but it didn't have this tab in the options :(

Is there any other way to configure the Rail Driver Cab Controller in Open Rails?

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 31 January 2024 - 02:53 PM

There are several threads about raildriver here at ET. Enter "raildriver" in the search box.
afaik -- raildriver will work with the unstable versions, ORNYMG --- OR monogame version and I believe with the most recent Stable Ver1.5.1.

The stable version comes with a documentation folder that contains an installation guide which has information on raildriver. I've attached an old version of the installation manual that has instruction for calibrating raildriver for OR. However, I find the Raildriver tab easier to use.

Important -- you must have raildriver plugged in before starting OR. OR MG has am Options/Raildriver Tab with a calibration tab. I think the other OR branches also have this tab.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   Jack@Elvas 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:All

Posted 31 January 2024 - 05:03 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 31 January 2024 - 02:53 PM, said:

There are several threads about raildriver here at ET. Enter "raildriver" in the search box.
afaik -- raildriver will work with the unstable versions, ORNYMG --- OR monogame version and I believe with the most recent Stable Ver1.5.1.

The stable version comes with a documentation folder that contains an installation guide which has information on raildriver. I've attached an old version of the installation manual that has instruction for calibrating raildriver for OR. However, I find the Raildriver tab easier to use.

Important -- you must have raildriver plugged in before starting OR. OR MG has am Options/Raildriver Tab with a calibration tab. I think the other OR branches also have this tab.

The current 1.51 release doesn't have raildriver support, and the section in the manual that ships with 1.5.1 is also missing the raildriver section.

I'll help you with that if you're using the official 1.5.1 openrails from the openrails website.

Start openrails and click the options button.
Now click the "System" Tab on the options screen.
under "update mode", Select "Testing"

Restart openrails.
On the top right, you should see a blue link - it will have text similar to "Update to T1.5.1-xxx-aaaaaaa" (the xxx-aaaaa part will be different, that's ok)
Click that to update.
Connect your raildriver.
restart openrails
Click Options
Note there is now a raildriver tab.
The tab should be self explanatory - like all products that use the raildriver, you'll want to do a 'calibration' which you can do from that tab.

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2024 - 06:09 PM

Jack, thanks for posting the clarification and offer of help for new member sonnenkop --- the Raildriver question comes up often...and I can never seem to remember which branches of OR support RailDriver ( I use monogame which does support RD ).
I just checked and in the Documentation folder supplied with ver 1.5.1 there is a Installation Guide En.pdf [ ver 0.9 ] which has a section on how to use and calibrate RailDriver.

#5 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 12:54 AM

View PostJack@Elvas, on 31 January 2024 - 05:03 PM, said:

The current 1.51 release doesn't have raildriver support, and the section in the manual that ships with 1.5.1 is also missing the raildriver section.

I would be willing to update the Manual to populate the RailDriver section with useful instructions. I don't have a RailDriver or any experience with it, so I would need some guidance.

Jack, would you be willing to advise me? If so, please send me a PM.

#6 User is offline   sonnenkop 

• Apprentice

Posted 01 February 2024 - 07:35 AM

View PostJack@Elvas, on 31 January 2024 - 05:03 PM, said:

I'll help you with that if you're using the official 1.5.1 openrails from the openrails website.

Start openrails and click the options button.
Now click the "System" Tab on the options screen.
under "update mode", Select "Testing"

Restart openrails.
On the top right, you should see a blue link - it will have text similar to "Update to T1.5.1-xxx-aaaaaaa" (the xxx-aaaaa part will be different, that's ok)
Click that to update.
Connect your raildriver.
restart openrails
Click Options
Note there is now a raildriver tab.
The tab should be self explanatory - like all products that use the raildriver, you'll want to do a 'calibration' which you can do from that tab.

I did it step by step as you described.
Unfortunately, there was no “RailDriver” tab in the options afterwards

#7 User is offline   sonnenkop 

• Apprentice

Posted 01 February 2024 - 09:32 AM

View Postsonnenkop, on 01 February 2024 - 07:35 AM, said:

I did it step by step as you described.
Unfortunately, there was no “RailDriver” tab in the options afterwards

If the "RailDriver" tab is present in the options, can you configure the RailDriver using this tab? So can you then change the functions of the controls, i.e. the buttons and levers?

#8 User is offline   sonnenkop 

• Apprentice

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:50 AM

View Postsonnenkop, on 01 February 2024 - 09:32 AM, said:

If the "RailDriver" tab is present in the options, can you configure the RailDriver using this tab? So can you then change the functions of the controls, i.e. the buttons and levers?

I want to say that again!
The RailDriver works for me in Open Rails!
But I want to be able to change the functions of the buttons, levers and switches in Open Rails with the RailDriver!
How can I do this in Open Rails?

#9 User is offline   Jack@Elvas 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:All

Posted 11 February 2024 - 06:47 PM

View Postsonnenkop, on 01 February 2024 - 10:50 AM, said:

I want to say that again!
The RailDriver works for me in Open Rails!
But I want to be able to change the functions of the buttons, levers and switches in Open Rails with the RailDriver!
How can I do this in Open Rails?

Sonnenkop, you can do that on the options dialog, raildriver tab, note the list of functions down the side and the button numbers assigned. I believe you can update that list.

- Jack

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users