Elvas Tower: Handling throttle, brakes, etc. with mouse scrollwheel? - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Handling throttle, brakes, etc. with mouse scrollwheel? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 February 2024 - 10:57 PM

But for some locomotives it works the other way round. Can't do anything about this, it's the way the left button mouse handling for the control in that particular locomotive is handled

Of course, there shouldn't be any "mystery", about why it works the other way with them.
But how about "mouse controlled"? Are all such controls affected by scrolling now?
I'm afraid, at the same time, that rectangular area matches with frame's size (graphic image of given control), so I doubt, it can be adjustable separately...
That's pity, as some areas would better being narrowed-down, for not to overlap and for cover the handle only.
At the same time, if not to use MSTS cab editor, there was no way to see them, so, Thank You!

Not bad anyway - appreciate Your work a lot.

#12 User is offline   Siebren 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 24 March 2024 - 10:29 AM

I've finished this mouse scroll wheel topic. Can be tested with the latest unstable.

It's for 2d cabs, not for 3d cabs. The last one is too complicated for me. Besides that for 3d cabs the mouse scroll wheel is already in use for changing the view. I could have tried to make the scroll wheel act as a view change when mouse not pointing to a control. But as I said, too complicated. Besides that it looks like 3d cabs are rare.

If a certain control is acting funny on the mouse wheel, please let me know. I might be able to correct. Especially for steam engines, as I do not have that much experience with those.

And a reminder, ctrl-F5 gives yellow squares where the mouse wheel is active. And a certain square gets highlighted when the mouse wheel is active for that control (thanks Mauricio!).

#13 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 March 2024 - 10:39 AM

Good news there.
Thanks.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic