• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EngineBrake and BC pressure gauge Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 28 January 2024 - 12:55 AM

I noticed that if you are a 'Player locomotive' as the 2nd (or more) in a consist, and you use the EngineBrake, then the 1st locomotive is always activated?
The EngineBrake itself works, only with the brake force of the 1st locomotive.
With an "articulated locomotive", such as a Garratt, this is more noticeable, because the BC pressure gauge with an EngineBrake always does not function in your CAB.
(See attachment, pictures).

Not a new BUG, has been around for a long time.

My question, what is "the logic" in ORTS that the engine brake does not function on the Player locomotive if it is placed as 2nd, 3rd, .... in a consists?
(or is there a special (ORTS) setting somewhere?)

Attached Image: 2e locomotive.jpg
Attached Image: Garratt.jpg

#2 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:30 PM

While doing some investigation for an entirely unrelated issue, I found a slight oversight in the way multiple steam locomotives work which means, out of all the locomotives connected to the player locomotive, if the frontmost locomotive is a steam locomotive it will be the only locomotive to simulate locomotive brakes. It seems innocent to assume that the player locomotive will also be the frontmost locomotive, but as you found that isn't always true.

I'm going to end up doing a fairly complete overhaul of locomotive brake code that will probably end up fixing this, but it might be a few days before that is in the unstable version. The code change is supposed to be for distributed power diesel locomotives, but in the process of refactoring the programming, I can make things better all around.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users