Elvas Tower: Potential issue with North American V-Scale latest 7-ton locosl - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Potential issue with North American V-Scale latest 7-ton locosl Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:21 PM

I hope you find the solution to your problem....because these 70 tonners by Erick are definitely some very fine models....3D cab is excellent, cannot say enough good things about them.

#12 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:49 PM

^That is very true. Whatever broke that prevents them from loading as a lead player locomotive also has broken the GP9s from Erick. Those are also great models.

#13 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:55 PM

Thank heavens for the Elvas search function. I found this: https://www.elvastow...__1#entry288212 .

I applied the recommended cure that the post explained and the NAVS loco loaded correctly. I still consider this a bug because other then loading a locomotive that has a 2D cab and a 3d cab, switching that locomotive to the 3d cab, exiting the activity, then loading the NAVS locomotive, there is no way to correct the crash when loading the NAVS locomotives or any other locos that don't have a 2d cab.

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 December 2023 - 08:28 AM

View Postrailguy, on 20 December 2023 - 07:13 AM, said:

When I read my log file, I see this entry: "Use3DCab = (user set) False" . The NAVS locomotives do not have 2D cabs. Could this be the issue? The numerous warnings in the log file when the sim crashes have numerous references like and similar to this:

"at Orts.Viewer3D.CabCamera.SetCameraCar(TrainCar car) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Cameras.cs:line 2101"

I see no place in the OR options to set the "Use3DCab" parameter. Am I missing something?

This has been the good hint to me.
An analysis of the code shows that Use3DCab is a stale setting (it is not modifiable), but you have it to False, which is not the default (because maybe in the past it was modifiable), and this suggests to OR not to load the 3Dcab, but to load the 2Dcab; but, as you say, your locomotive has no 2Dcab, and therefore you get the crash.
Most of the people have this setting to the default true value, and therefore they don't get the crash.
railguy, now you can proceed as follows:
1) if you are using an OpenRails.ini file (you find it, if any, into your OR_NewYear_MG folder) edit it with an editor and delete the Use3DCab entry. You have such file only if you personally created it.
2) if not, you have two options:
2a) if you are a patient guy, you wait for next ORNYMG version or for the Unstable release where I apply the fixing patch (because I expect that you get the same crash with the official versions, as mentioned in the forum link of your last post);
2b) if you are a courageous guy and know a bit about the registry editor (regedit), open it, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, search the SOFTWARE\OpenRails\ORTS folder and delete the Use3DCab key (or set it to 1, more prudent). Do the same with HKEY_USERS.

#15 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 24 December 2023 - 02:11 AM

This is now fixed in ORNYMG 149.1 and in Unstable U2023.12.24-0937.

P.S. further fix needed.

#16 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 24 December 2023 - 07:23 AM

Thank you, Carlo.

#17 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 24 December 2023 - 08:25 AM

Thanks to you for having raised the issue.

#18 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 28 December 2023 - 06:24 AM

Definitely fixed in ORNYMG149.2 and in Unstable U2023.12.28-1207

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users