• You cannot reply to this topic

Conditioning commands in a .cvf file ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Keilen 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR & MSTS

Posted 12 December 2023 - 08:37 AM

Hello!
I have a request and a question to you : do you know if there is a possibility to condition an animation command of another one within a .cvf file of a 2D cab ? More clearly I can with a command restrict another command within this block of commands.

Thank you,

Florian

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 December 2023 - 10:49 AM

Hello.
Any examples, please.
Revercer/throttle mutual blocking?
Conttrol cirquits off prevent signal lamps to lit?

#3 User is offline   Keilen 

• Apprentice

Posted 12 December 2023 - 12:59 PM

Well, here's an example: a diesel locomotive equipped with an electric installation for heating the train, has variations in engine operation depending on the coupling or uncoupling of this system. Because the speed variations are also in decreasing direction between two sequences of increasing speed - which OR does not accept - but especially because during an activity, the heating installation can be disconnected and reconnected successively, which causes differences in the operation of the MD, my idea would be that from the ALT+B command status I can lock on one side a block displaying the speed and on the other side I can unlock another block displaying the speed; each block is intended separately for the two cases of operation with or without the heating system in operation. Ideally I would like to be able to use the RPM display blocks directly, but I can also do the display with the "throttle lever". I should mention that on the sound side I have found the solution, only in the cab I still don't have a solution that is satisfactory. I hope you understand what I wanted to explain.

Thank you,

Florian

#4 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 13 December 2023 - 10:08 AM

Hello.
Thanks and... I hope, I see now:
So, electric heating generator, connected to the same diesel, which propells traction gear, does consume significant amount of the power, produced by the diesel, so it's characteristics are decreased accordingly. If that would be all - I think just new parameter, specifying heating generator's power consumption would be enough.
The other case (I wonder, might that be true?), if governor has separate settings for RPM tab for heating on/off states.
Then - yes: two tabs of throttle setting/diesel's rotation speed will be neccessary within ORTS_diesel() block.
rpm indicators and sound playback system will follow diesel's actual rpm as usual.
Did I understood Your question right?

#5 User is offline   Keilen 

• Apprentice

Posted 13 December 2023 - 11:03 PM

Hello,

For the most part, yes. But to make it clearer, the last modernization of our diesel electric locomotives implemented an electric heating system with a power of 400 kw. The particularity is that it can be put into operation only with the engine at idle (controller in position 0), at which point the DE speed automatically increases to 550 rpm (350 rpm is idle). So far, nothing that cannot be reproduced in simulation. From here, however, when the locomotive is started, the first 3 steps of the controller do not provide the necessary voltage from the electric generator to operate this heating equipment, so the process takes place after the following sequence of operations (performed automatically only from the actuation of the controller). The DE speed reduction corresponding to steps 1, 2 and 3 takes place at the same time as the heating equipment is taken out of operation. Only in step 4 of the controller, when the electric generator can provide the nominal voltage necessary for the operation of the heating equipment, it starts up again and will operate only in the range from position 4 to maximum of the controller or, if necessary, at speed reductions or even stopping the locomotive only in step 0. Basically there is a break in operation in gears 1,2 and 3 , for which I would benefit from the conditionality of the operation of one control of another. At the moment I have solved with superimposed frames to display the variation of the MD speed and the voltage flowed by the main generator but only with step by step sequence display, not in a display with a cursive variation.

Thanks for your interest !

Florian

#6 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 14 December 2023 - 01:46 PM

Hello.
the problems like this have, however been discussed here earlier, in connection with american way of dynamic brakes excitation power supplying, and also - for compressor/CVS fan. I mean, the part of U.S. locomotives have "high idle" diesel r.p.m. setting (equivalent to about Run3), which is automatically gained, when Dynamic brakes are being actuated, since motors cooling and excitation demands more power, than diesel in ordinary idle can produce. The same is for compressor, when it is being started: since it consumes notable power, governor increases diesel's rotation speed to compensate additional resistance, caused by said power consumption.
Above questions have been discussed here on ET for the sake of possible implementation in ORTS, and what about compressor effectiveness, depending on diesel's rpm, it was said - that was made.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users