• You cannot reply to this topic

Speedlim_display speed limit warning Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 13 December 2023 - 03:19 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 13 December 2023 - 02:12 AM, said:

This is a mistake. They also appeared on the MSTS track monitor. I missed it at first, but now I don't care.

Speed warnings? I think you mean the Speedreductions_Start.
But I'm talking about the CAB controls, not the Track monitor! :)

View PostLaci1959, on 13 December 2023 - 02:30 AM, said:

MSTS RE shows it on the screen, TSRE doesn't, but it shows up fine in the game.

Then it works, doesn't it, if you want to use the numbers on an empty board?
Of course depending on the country. I also place the signs separately along the railway line, and place the 'speed post' separately in the route.
Again, this was not Post#1's question.

View PostLaci1959, on 13 December 2023 - 02:32 AM, said:

Do you mean what doesn't work since 1.3?

This is an answer that I tested with my own "custom normal signals", which take over the function as a speed post.
Jovet indicates that there are also special Open Rails SPEED signal types. I still have to find out what the difference is.
To be continued....... :sweatingbullets:

#12 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 13 December 2023 - 03:29 AM

View PostQJ-6811, on 11 December 2023 - 08:13 AM, said:

It would actually be nice if a Speed Restriction Begins could provide some sort of "signal aspect" with just the SpeedKPH (xx) item.
This could then work between a Speed Restriction Advance Warning and Speed Restriction Begins. (which then affects the "Speedlim_display", as in the picture).

In many countries (like mine) the IRL speed posts are not wired into the track signal system, so they cannot be displayed on IRL locomotives speedometer. However you may write a custom TCS script that updates your cabview variables based on these values, just it is not part of the default cabview variables calculation, and probably was also not in MSTS because of the reasons above.

#13 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 13 December 2023 - 06:09 AM

View Postgpz, on 13 December 2023 - 03:29 AM, said:

In many countries (like mine) the IRL speed posts are not wired into the track signal system, so they cannot be displayed on IRL locomotives speedometer. However you may write a custom TCS script that updates your cabview variables based on these values, just it is not part of the default cabview variables calculation, and probably was also not in MSTS because of the reasons above.

Thanks Peter. Cab signaling does indeed depend on the country/signal system. And it is also not a default for ORTS or MSTS at the time, correct.
I don't mean that it is an error in ORTS or something, the default cabview variables calculation indeed works as intended. [OK]

As you already indicate, I am still trying to figure out whether I can make this "customizable" on a route. It already works to some extent, now I need to consider the "ifs and buts". (maybe with script? no experience with this).

Greetings Roger

#14 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 13 December 2023 - 07:59 AM

But I'm talking about the CAB controls, not the Track monitor!

I'm sorry, it's my fault, I was careless.

Then it works, doesn't it, if you want to use the numbers on an empty board?
Of course depending on the country. I also place the signs separately along the railway line, and place the 'speed post' separately in the route.

It's not that simple. These are two separate things. Route construction and task creation (activity). The two are linked by two entries in speedpost.dat.

Jovet indicates that there are also special Open Rails SPEED signal types. I still have to find out what the difference is.

This is signal programming. I actively used this until it worked well. Whenever you think, I'll be happy to help you in a thread suitable for both topics.

In Hungary, the "Speedlim_display" triangle indicates the value of the speed set with CC. It is only on vehicles that have CC. It should be included in the cvf file as an entry starting with Type ( ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED DIAL ).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users