Elvas Tower: Lags by MG with route (24 GB) - Elvas Tower

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lags by MG with route (24 GB) Lags with Monogame, but not with OR 1.5.1. Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 13 March 2024 - 11:30 AM

I have found that the PRR Eastern Division route is big enough to reliably give unsteady performance (and is a free all-inclusive package). I personally ran the included 'oil cans' activity and saw the issue there. I'm doubting this is related to graphics settings, my guess would be processing for signals, AI, and/or train car positioning, which the route and activity has plenty of.

#42 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 March 2024 - 06:56 AM

Phillip,
thanks for your suggestion. I'll see if I can reproduce behaviours with such route.

#43 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 14 March 2024 - 12:20 PM

Just d'loaded this impressive route ( thanks for the heads up Phillip) and have started this act - Definitely some jerkiness apparent at times but not enough to detract too much. My PC Specs: AMD Ryzen5 cpu. 16GB ram. 12GB graphics card. Storage WD Green 1TB SSD. Using the latest ORMGNY version 150.3. All boxes ticked in options (dynamic shadows etc). Hope that maybe helps. btw is the starting brief incorrect? No GG1 electric loco passes and my train is already coupled up.......

#44 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 March 2024 - 04:33 PM

View PostNiknak, on 14 March 2024 - 12:20 PM, said:

J. btw is the starting brief incorrect? No GG1 electric loco passes and my train is already coupled up.......

Yep, it is. There are electric passenger trains approaching Conemaugh Yard and you can wait if you want to & the act begins with green signals & the train is already made up. Go with it.

PRR East Region ver2 and previous PRR East Region ( 1 ) have always had some slight stuttering ( for the purposes of this thread it is termed "pulsing" ) and a very slight pause when saving. However, it's the only route that I've noticed with this particular visual aspect.

#45 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 14 March 2024 - 06:14 PM

Few years ago I notice lags on big long routes like merged Bob Worth routes and turned out it was related to signals. I reduced the signal numbers ahead in sigfg and turned out the FPS went normal rates. The goal since but I have not got to was change the signal system with more realistic ones.

#46 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 March 2024 - 01:08 AM

Hi

Noted similar jerkiness on Wupper Express route

#47 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 15 March 2024 - 01:09 AM

Maybe due to my slow computer, I don't see differences between official 1.5.1 and ORNYMG 151 in the PRR activity. So what I can do is to provide some old ORNYMG version and let especially people pointing to ORNYMG test if these old versions have the same stuttering problem. Here http://www.interazio...ar_MG_101.1.zip ORNYMG 101 can be downloaded.

#48 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 15 March 2024 - 07:00 AM

Carlo when I compare official 1.5.1 with ORNYMG 151 ( also 150.3 ) there IS a definite difference - If I use camera 2 then switch to static ( using yard view ) whilst the train goes by below me, the official version is smooth, whereas New Year 151 has a small amount of jerkiness on my system which is not really apparent when in cab view or camera 2 or 3. Hope this helps.

#49 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 16 March 2024 - 06:01 AM

Version 101.1 shows the same laggy performance, as does the latest ORMG 151. I have taken screenshots of both ORMG151 and official version 1.5.1 Note that Frame time in 1.5.1 is smooth but in ORMG 151 and every other version I have tested Frame time is choppy. Note also the subtle variations in memory usage between versions. This frame time variation also applies to all other versions of OR I have tested going back as far as official version 1.4

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ORMG151.jpg
  • Attached Image: Open Rails 2024-03-15 08-36-50.jpg

#50 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 March 2024 - 09:37 AM

I've tried, but I was not able to reproduce that sawtooth behaviour. Maybe something comes into my mind.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users