• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Older GE locomotives U-boats, dash 7s, any available? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Unoriginal 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 November 2023 - 11:27 AM

Just wondering if there are any of these out there. Jan Henning Gettkant already some decent 4-axle dash 7s, but other than that I don't really know of any others.

Yes I know dieselswest existed at some point, but I don't really count them anymore since you can't get anything from them now.

#2 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 16 November 2023 - 02:36 PM

Search trainsim.com file library for John Peterson.

Cheers,

Marek.

#3 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 November 2023 - 06:03 PM

Scott at Diesels West made a number of very fine U boats and Dash 7 and 8 models over the years. Unfortunately, continual pirating and EULA violations by people led him to close his public site some years back and to open a "members only" site subsequently. I'm a long-term purchaser of Scott's models (I have most of them) and I'm still a member of the "private" site. Scott is producing little, if any, new content now, and I don't know whether or not he is accepting any new members at the DieselsWest 24/7 private site. His contact info is shown on the 24/7 site if one wishes to contact him. Here is just one example of his work (the screenie is 6 years old now!). Two IC U boats bracketing some IC(G) EMD power--the U boats are DieselsWest; the EMD's' from P. Tyler Bundy, all excellent models:
Attached File  Open Rails 2017-10-30 09-49-59.jpg (233.2K)
Number of downloads: 16

#4 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 17 November 2023 - 07:51 PM

Try Ed's Trains and Valley Pass for free locos . Also browse through TrainSim .

#5 User is offline   Unoriginal 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 November 2023 - 04:29 AM

View Postrailguy, on 17 November 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

Scott at Diesels West made a number of very fine U boats and Dash 7 and 8 models over the years. Unfortunately, continual pirating and EULA violations by people led him to close his public site some years back and to open a "members only" site subsequently. I'm a long-term purchaser of Scott's models (I have most of them) and I'm still a member of the "private" site. Scott is producing little, if any, new content now, and I don't know whether or not he is accepting any new members at the DieselsWest 24/7 private site. His contact info is shown on the 24/7 site if one wishes to contact him. Here is just one example of his work (the screenie is 6 years old now!). Two IC U boats bracketing some IC(G) EMD power--the U boats are DieselsWest; the EMD's' from P. Tyler Bundy, all excellent models:
Attachment Open Rails 2017-10-30 09-49-59.jpg

As far as I know he never accepted new members unless you were one of "the good boys" that got contacted by him. There's nothing wrong with the models (outside of the fact I think they're a bit too tall compared to other models), I just hate that practice.
For some reason whenever it be trainsim.com or elsewhere, a lot of the time when someone mentions dieselswest some argument has to follow...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users