• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Train Won't Start Moving Unless HUD is On Screen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2023 - 07:49 PM

It seems I have encountered a bug that may be related to the new adhesion model. When I try to start my train from a dead stop after an activity loads, I fully release all brakes, move the cutoff lever/reverser into Full Forward, and then increase the throttle, but the train won't budge...

...until I turn on the HUD by hitting ALT + F5. Then the train begins to move as it should.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

#2 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 October 2023 - 09:09 PM

There was a patch uploaded today to the Unstable version. Can you repeat your tests with this version.

If you still experience the problem, can you try it with a suitable set of CTN stock. (Note - From tomorrow I will be away for 6 days so I won't be able to look at it til I get back).

#3 User is online   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2023 - 09:51 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 28 October 2023 - 09:09 PM, said:

There was a patch uploaded today to the Unstable version. Can you repeat your tests with this version.

If you still experience the problem, can you try it with a suitable set of CTN stock. (Note - From tomorrow I will be away for 6 days so I won't be able to look at it til I get back).

Is the one you're referring to U2023.10.28-2207? Yes, it's definitely fixed, but the updater byline in the upper right-hand corner of the startup window still says "Update to U2023.10.26-1752" (the previous version). That's weird, isn't it?

#4 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 October 2023 - 10:16 PM

View PostTraindude, on 28 October 2023 - 09:51 PM, said:

Is the one you're referring to U2023.10.28-2207? Yes, it's definitely fixed, but the updater byline in the upper right-hand corner of the startup window still says "Update to U2023.10.26-1752" (the previous version). That's weird, isn't it?

Thanks for confirming that all seems ok now.

I can't comment on what Updater issue is. The only thing that I could suggest is to select the Stable version in the update mode, and then without updating select the Unstable version mode. Between these two selections you should see the top RH corner go to the stable version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users