• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Curve resistance problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 October 2023 - 08:03 AM

I'm using the ORMG 147 version, and i found a awkward situation. The curve resistance is pretty high if compare with the ORMG 140 version.
In my route, that I made based on the real railroad project, I'm able to replicate the train behavior at a specific section with a long and steep grade, with big curves.
Using the 140, the train reacts exactly like the real world (locomotives with the same tractive effort and same speed).
Using the 147, the train stall's as soon as he enters the curves.

Also, in contact with Carlo Santucci, he request me to do some tests, if the following results:
Testing version: One Screenshot attached at 13km/h and another one in the same place of the old screenshots. The train stalls in the next curve.

Unstable version: train stalls in the next curve. I also have to report that was very hard to start move the train in a ascendent grade, in the beginning of the activity. The wheelslip didnt't replicate the real situation.

ORMG 140: screenshot attached.

ORMG 147: with the simple adhesion mode, the train stalls but at least he still moving for 1 kilometer more. I also made a test without the curve dependent resistance, and the train behavior is pretty similar to the real thing (arrived at the end of the grade at 13km/h).

Is there any bug with the resistance curve equation? i'm attaching the screenshots of the debug screen.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is online   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 15 October 2023 - 09:10 AM

There was a long-standing bug with curve resistance calculations that was producing values far too low in most cases (and far too high in some rare situations), the change you are seeing between versions is likely down to the difference of before the fix was implemented vs after. I'm not seeing anything unrealistic about the curve forces generated, a 0.5 km curve is pretty tight and would likely be compensated for with a temporary reduction in gradient over the length of the curve.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users