• You cannot reply to this topic

Brake pressure shows NaN train brake failure Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mboo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 14 October 2023 - 05:51 AM

Hello,

sometimes, after running a train for a while, the train brake value shows instead of a pressure, a "NaN" indication and I cannot apply the brakes anymore.
It feels like the brake scripting is stuck, any reccomendations on how to reset this while driving the train?

Many thanks in advance!

#2 User is offline   mboo 

• Apprentice

Posted 15 October 2023 - 09:45 AM

View PostWeter, on 14 October 2023 - 06:50 AM, said:

Hello.
I can only guess, that NaN means "not a number"
If Your stock uses scripts - I can't say anymore - The reason is likeky in script.
However, You can try to give us a look into *.eng/*.wag-files, having problem, and see openrails log.txt - to learn, what is a blame, tied with brakes.

Hello,

thank you for your reply!

I have attached the log file.
Note: I am probably the only one (?) using Open Rails with Parallels on an Apple computer. Typically this runs great, however, with the latest M1 processors I get sometimes errors as described above.
I know Open Rails has not been tested for this, however, perhaps some insights in what goes on can help me troubleshoot this.

Thanks again, I am very curious to learn what stands out to you from the log file.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:30 PM

I will start with what I see:-

1. the first lot of errors are to do with hardware compatibility, no reason to worry as OR is only trying to determine the hardware.
2. the version of parallels that is with the M1 would never have been tested with win 7.
3. V1.3.1 is a very old version of OR and any bugs will not be fixed.
4. Your install location for MSTS is in program files, this is known to cause problems, see https://www.msts.steam4me.net/ for install details that work. ( c:\1msts )
5. Performance counter errors can be ignored, they will not cause an issue.
6. You have mixed up SLI and Trainsimulations routes, so you have DDS textures being called causing issues.

As No 6 is the last mentioned error, it appears to me that it is the reason for the crash.

SLI routes and Trainsimulations routes cannot be installed together, on steam4me have a look at miniroutes to separate Trainsimulations routes from others.

That will give you a start, one of the programmers may correct my comments.

#4 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:36 PM

I've also noticed, that for processing of scripts, M$.code.analysis *.dlls are vital. As I've erased them, program runs well with classic MSTS stock, but throughs an error during load - when scripts are included (removing of scripts folder resolves crash issue)

And, indeed: 1.3.1 version (current is 1.5.1) could likely not support some new features of stock itself.
Why not to try recent testing version 1.5.1-464?

#5 User is offline   mboo 

• Apprentice

Posted 16 October 2023 - 11:08 AM

Hello,

thank you so much for looking into this, I am learning a lot.
I tried a new install of Open Rails and the SLI route in a separate folder, using Windows 11.

The same issue appeared, see log file.
It looks like the same message in the log file is appearing?

Note: the reason I am using OR 1.31 is that with newer versions, I get a .net error (despite having installed .net 4.72)

Attached File(s)

#6 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 16 October 2023 - 01:48 PM

Hi Martijn,

I get the same dds error with Carlo's ORNYMG 147, so this is a route error.
However, on the latest code the error is not fatal.

Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: c:\trainsimulations\routes\mullan\textures\rlightc.dds

Looking at the routes textures folder, the rlightc.dds file is zero length, so that is what is causing the error.

I copied rtower.dds out to another folder, renamed it to rlightc.dds, moved it back to the textures folder and I am rerunning my test.

Th error seems to be gone from my run.

#7 User is offline   mboo 

• Apprentice

Posted 17 October 2023 - 01:32 AM

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (18.98K)
Number of downloads: 50Hello Derek, Weter, Egmondm

First of all: I really appreciate your supports and insights, this means a lot to me and enables me to enjoy OR (despite running an older version).

I have renamed the file as was suggested and the error on the on the log file disappears.
Furthermore, I noticed that the brake pipe pressure NaN initiation can be reset by " initializing the brakes" (shift /) and the normal value (i.e. 90 psi) appears again.

I have one final issues: after a while, also the acceleration indication shows NaN and the locomotive freezes (stops) suddenly. I can still use the controls but the locomotive will not continue to move.
(see attachment). I feel this has something to do with (a delay) in loading the textures: sometimes this goes okay, but sometimes while loading new textures/assets the engine freezes. Similarly , when I move the camera view from the front of the train to the back, the last cars are not visible immediately, but only become visible after multiple seconds. I think that during these moments, also the acceleration NaN and freeze occurs sometimes

--> Would there be any way to reset this situation? I have also attached the log file.

PS: The reason I cannot use OR1.51 is because of the error message I get when I attempt to start OR: " Microsoft.Xna.framework.Content.InvalideContentException: C:\Open Rails\Conten\Loading.fx:83:8: E5017: aborting due to not yet implemented feature: SM4 combined sample expression.

--> is SM4 a new feature and could this be indicating that I do not have the latest .net or some elements are not working?

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users