• You cannot reply to this topic

DynaTrax Route loading error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:36 PM

Hello everyone,
I want to convert Dynamic Tracks to normal static object(DB Tracks). In order to procced I have downloaded DB tracks as well as Dynatrax software but unfortunately I am facing some errors and they are as follows:
1. In version Dynatrax_V0.62 after loading the route the error appears(refer attached photo) and due to this I can't continue my editing.
Error1:- My link
2. In Dynatrax_V0.52b I am getting the same error but after pressing "continue" I am able to load dynamic track information with 1 more error.
Error1(Same as above)
Error2:- My link
3. After converting Dynamic tracks using V0.52b Refer Photo
Photo:- My link

Above errors are route specific some other routes are working fine. Hope I will get solution on my problems. Thanks in advance

#2 User is offline   Pery Scope 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS, ORTS

Posted 03 October 2023 - 12:03 AM

One question: Are there different CarSpawners in use on the route? (OR offers the option of using multiple CarSpawner rows. I have included a screenshot from TSRE to better understand what I mean.) If these are used, then the dynamic tracks can no longer be converted. Only if all CarSpawners are selected as DEFAULT will the conversion work again.
Attached File  CarSpawner.jpg (9.63K)
Number of downloads: 2

#3 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 03 October 2023 - 12:54 AM

I haven't created any roads in route yet so CarSpawner Value is Default

#4 User is offline   Pery Scope 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS, ORTS

Posted 03 October 2023 - 09:15 AM

With version 0.52b, my experience was that the route to be edited must be in the route folder of the original MSTS installation. (I use a separate folder to work in which my projects are located.) But with 0.62 this was no longer a problem.
What else comes to mind: deleting the routes.cache file and then restarting solved many a problem. Maybe it works.
I hope I could help you.

#5 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 04 October 2023 - 03:54 AM

Still facing the same issue even after deleting the routes.cache file also I am working in route folder of the original MSTS installation.

#6 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 October 2023 - 02:35 AM

According to the pictures in the opening post, the track will be built with the TSRE5. With the TSRE5, both left and right curves are possible in the dynamic track sections. In the MSTS, these were only left-hand curves. To change this, the curve had to be started from the other side.
In the World, the curve is entered with a negative radius. SectionCurve ( 1 ) 1314 -0.043 750
This negative sign is missing for right-hand curves created with TSRE5.
It is possible that DynaTrax reports this as an error.

Greetings Jan

#7 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 October 2023 - 06:49 AM

Very good point regarding negative curves. Dynatrax may not be able to do signed math.

#8 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 18 November 2023 - 04:59 AM

Related to above discussion, I want to ask one more question. Now while building route I have reached at a point where number of dynamic tracks is maximum. So now suppose I delete track 65535 then also new dynamic track number in my route will be 65536. So My question is how we can delete dynamic tracks permanently from route ?

#9 User is offline   jeanmarc 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 18 November 2023 - 09:57 AM

View PostADITYA3191, on 18 November 2023 - 04:59 AM, said:

Related to above discussion, I want to ask one more question. Now while building route I have reached at a point where number of dynamic tracks is maximum. So now suppose I delete track 65535 then also new dynamic track number in my route will be 65536. So My question is how we can delete dynamic tracks permanently from route ?

If you have no DT in use on your route, you can delete the Tsection.dat present in your route folder. First BACKUP before deleting this file. It's work for me, hope this help.

#10 User is offline   dajones 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 18 November 2023 - 10:10 AM

Looking at the TSRE code, it appears that TSRE will reuse dynamic track section and shape index numbers if a new piece of dynamic track is an exact match for an existing piece, but otherwise it will allocate new values from the end. So, it will not reuse index values that aren't used anymore. Deleting dynamic track probably won't fix your problem.

I couldn't find anything in the TSRE code that enforces a limit on the dynamic track index numbers (although there is a place where 1000000 is used as section index limit). I think MSTS probably stores these index values as 2 bytes, so 65535 would be the limit for MSTS. I haven't looked recently, but I think OR uses 4 bytes. Does DynaTrax enforce a limit?

In theory the dynamic track shape and section index numbers in the TDB, tsection.dat and world files could be renumbered to remove entries that aren't used anymore, but I suspect that DynaTrax also uses these numbers in a shape file name, so renumbering probably would cause problems. And it probably can't be done manually anyway.

I'm not sure if there is a good solution to the problem.

Doug

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users