• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LZB and ETCS Anyone interested? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 September 2023 - 09:17 AM

Some time ago we published an Spanish route fitted with several train control systems: ERTMS/ETCS, LZB and ASFA, trying to achieve as much realism as possible. Implementing ETCS on a route requires a non trivial effort: balises are functional objects that have to be placed on track and properly configured. On the other hand, LZB works great on existing routes, and only trains have to be adapted (target distance bar, target speed indicator, status lights, ...). I'm happy to provide support in case someone is interested in adding LZB to a cabview (and I could try to implement PZB too).
Attached Image: lzb.jpg

Additionally, it is possible to run LZB as a STM module on my ETCS standalone application. It requires a bit of extra effort, but once configured, ETCS (and STM LZB) is available as an Android app, running on mobile phones and tablets.
Attached Image: lzb_stm.jpg

#2 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 15 September 2023 - 09:42 AM

I have to ask... have you ever tackled the portuguese CONVEL? it's an EBICAB derivate, also requiring balises...

#3 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 15 September 2023 - 11:46 AM

I don't have too much documentation about it, but I may implement it in the future (not soon, because I like to strictly follow the official specifications when possible, and that takes a lot of time). We also had another version of EBICAB in Spain, but it's not used anymore.

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 September 2023 - 11:22 PM

Hi César, I have mentioned this thread in a German Forum, inviting them to write here. Can you provide the download link for the route you have equipped? Is it a 1435 mm route or an Iberian gauge route? Do you have a link also to an equipped cabview?

#5 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 16 September 2023 - 12:24 AM

The ETCS-LZB-ASFA route is Cercanías y Grandes Líneas (CGL) available at https://orespana.wordpress.com/rutas/ . It is a fictional route based on Spanish conventional lines. It should have 1668mm track gauge, but all Spanish content has been built on standard gauge, and there are no 1668mm tracks available.

As I said, LZB should work on any existing route, and basically the only modifications optionally required are inserting LZB-wired tracks (for better visual experience), and insering BKW (start loop) and end markers.

I think there's no LZB train available yet, but with the STM variant you can control ETCS+LZB from a tablet or second monitor.

#6 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 16 September 2023 - 03:49 AM

View Postcesarbl, on 16 September 2023 - 12:24 AM, said:

The ETCS-LZB-ASFA route is Cercanías y Grandes Líneas (CGL) available at https://orespana.wordpress.com/rutas/ . It is a fictional route based on Spanish conventional lines. It should have 1668mm track gauge, but all Spanish content has been built on standard gauge, and there are no 1668mm tracks available.

I'm taking care of it. I've developed a pack of straight 1668mm tracks and a dynamic track profile. Right now I'm modeling switches and complicated track pieces.
Take a look and let me know what you think and if you know anyone that could give me a hand here...
https://i.ibb.co/WtWpMcV/viaunicaiberica.jpg

#7 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 16 September 2023 - 07:19 AM

View PostAldarion, on 16 September 2023 - 03:49 AM, said:

I'm taking care of it. I've developed a pack of straight 1668mm tracks and a dynamic track profile. Right now I'm modeling switches and complicated track pieces.
Take a look and let me know what you think and if you know anyone that could give me a hand here...
https://i.ibb.co/WtWpMcV/viaunicaiberica.jpg

Hello.

I do the same thing, only I used the German DB system as a basis. It's not that 3D, it just looks that way. I once tried a curved element, but I had to put down 80 pieces of the base and turn each one separately by 0.035 degrees compared to the previous one. and move it maybe 0.02 millimeters. The latter is not guaranteed to be real data.
I lost my interest in him.

Laci 1959

#8 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 18 September 2023 - 01:30 AM

Hello César, I have great interest here. I have Swiss Route with ETCS, but no trains. Can I provide you with a Stadler TILO Flirt?

regards
luis

#9 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 18 September 2023 - 03:11 AM

Hi, installing ETCS for a train is really simple, you just have to insert the ETCS DMI to the .cvf file and the TCS script to the .eng file.

However, the trackside installation is more complex. You have to put balises on the route according to engineering rules, but those rules are country-specific. For L2 differences between countries are minimal, but that's not the case with L1. You can PM me with some information about your route (whether it is L2 or L1 LS) if you are interested in equipping it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users