• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Retainer State Not Updated On Restore Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:54 PM

While doing a (long) switching activity, I saved and loaded a couple of times and noticed that retainers on my train cars were disappearing when loading a saved game. However, the retainers were still there, but the 'retainer debug state' was not correctly re-initialized, so the HUD did not know what to show (thus showing nothing). Re-initializing the brakes does correct the debug state, but it looks like something else will need to be done to correctly restore the debug state when loading a game.

Should be a very simple fix, just posting here for tracking purposes.

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 September 2023 - 04:41 PM

Yup, that's been the situation for quite a while, I use retainers, don't know how many others do ... and you are correct the state of the retainers does not change --- they just don't show up in the brake HUD upon restoring. The F5 window shows correct retainer settings upon restore.

Oh Yes, congratulations on joining the OR Development Team. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_rockon.gif

#3 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 09 September 2023 - 04:48 PM

Related pull request Fix Retainer State Disappearing from HUD on Restore by SteelFill · Pull Request #872 · openrails/openrails (github.com)

As I anticipated, it's as simple as saving the debug state (which is used to determine what to show on the Alt + F5 HUD) so it can be reloaded later. Works fine in the 5 minutes I spent testing but will break savegames from previous unstable versions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users