• You cannot reply to this topic

ORNYMG-Rev. 145 - Gaps between rolling stock Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Goldstar 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 September 2023 - 04:51 AM

Good morning,

I just want to point out that when using Scott Brunner's RUT282 Locomotives and the associated Tenders, plus his USRA Boxcars (SCO_USRA and SCO_USRA_Fishbelly), that are mixed in a consist with any other wagons (TS, NAVS... etc.) show a wide gap between cars. Also, the Tenders are half buried into the locomotives. This only happens in ORMG 145 and not in OR 1.5.1. I have not seen any references to this issue anywhere, so if someone can verify that it is not just me. I have looked at the Bounding Box parameters and they look acceptable.

Thanks,
Goldstar

#2 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 09 September 2023 - 06:12 AM

Do you still have the original zip likes for the Rutland locomotive? If so, open it and look to see if Scott supplied ".sd" files. If they are there, copy and past them into the Rutland engine'sfolder inside your Trainset folder and see if that makes a difference.

Humor me on this! People keep saying that OR doesn't read sd files so you don't need that buy something is reading them because they do make a difference.

People need to stop deleting sd files. They are normally just a kilobyte of two so your not saving any space to speak of. I've posted routes and seen people posting screenshots in the winter with all the vegetation in full summer bloom and been told they deleted all the sd files, 'this is Open Rails'.

Paul :-)

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 09 September 2023 - 06:45 AM

Hi Goldstar,
in addition to Paul suggestion, first try with ORNYMG 146. If you still get the problem, please provide me the download link for Scott Brunner's trainset.

#4 User is offline   Goldstar 

• Apprentice

Posted 09 September 2023 - 07:44 AM

View Postcharland, on 09 September 2023 - 06:12 AM, said:

Do you still have the original zip likes for the Rutland locomotive? If so, open it and look to see if Scott supplied ".sd" files. If they are there, copy and past them into the Rutland engine'sfolder inside your Trainset folder and see if that makes a difference.

Humor me on this! People keep saying that OR doesn't read sd files so you don't need that buy something is reading them because they do make a difference.

People need to stop deleting sd files. They are normally just a kilobyte of two so your not saving any space to speak of. I've posted routes and seen people posting screenshots in the winter with all the vegetation in full summer bloom and been told they deleted all the sd files, 'this is Open Rails'.

Paul :-)

Hi Paul,

The original zip file comes with the .sd files and I have them in the Trainset folder. I am a firm believer that .sd files are required in Open Rails for both static objects and rolling stock.

Goldstar

#5 User is offline   Goldstar 

• Apprentice

Posted 09 September 2023 - 07:49 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 September 2023 - 06:45 AM, said:

Hi Goldstar,
in addition to Paul suggestion, first try with ORNYMG 146. If you still get the problem, please provide me the download link for Scott Brunner's trainset.

Hi Carlo,

I have downloaded and installed ORNYMG 146. The gap issue is still there. I can't give you a direct download link, but it's over at TrainSim.com. You'll have to search by filename for this zip... sco_rut282.zip

Goldstar

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:15 AM

This was due to my adjustments related to this http://www.elvastowe...entreofgravity/ , that were made to have another model placed correctly. I have now reduced the range of the adjustment, and the Mikado seems to be OK. Very nice model!
Please apply the attached patch to ORNYMG 146. I hope this is OK also for the boxcars.
Attached File  ORNYMG146patch.zip (2.35MB)
Number of downloads: 87

#7 User is offline   Goldstar 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 September 2023 - 01:55 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 September 2023 - 09:15 AM, said:

This was due to my adjustments related to this http://www.elvastowe...entreofgravity/ , that were made to have another model placed correctly. I have now reduced the range of the adjustment, and the Mikado seems to be OK. Very nice model!
Please apply the attached patch to ORNYMG 146. I hope this is OK also for the boxcars.
Attachment ORNYMG146patch.zip

Good morning Carlo,

I applied your patch to ORNYMG-146 and the 'gap' issue appears to be corrected for both the locomotives and the boxcars. Good job!!

Thank you,
Goldstar

Edit : I just noticed that the locomotives are located here in the File library as well under - "Add MSTS / Standard Gauge / Steam Locomotives".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users