• You cannot reply to this topic

UKTrainSim End of an era Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 August 2023 - 12:38 AM

Many of you will have seen from the thread "UK Train Sim Closing in August Seeking Info" and elsewhere that UKTrainSim is closing at the end of August.

Pete Peddlesden and his son Matt who run UKTrainSim have supported Open Rails from the start in 2009. As well as providing webhosting for our website www.openrails.org, they also provided the Subversion source code control (SVN) that we used prior to Git. All this has been free of charge.

Our website has moved to GitHub Pages and the source code control to GitHub.com. I understand that copies of their file library have been made also. (If someone would send me a PM with links, I'll post them here.)

I have emailed to Pete and Matt on behalf of the Open Rails community to thank them for all that they have done for us over many years.

#2 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 August 2023 - 07:40 AM

We have many of the files already available to us at Trainsim, but I will not open the links to those until I know someone else hasn't managed to resume operating the site.

Matt has acknowledged there are several offers including mine to save the forums and content.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users