• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unusual path/activity problem in OR MG R145 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2023 - 02:01 PM

What I'm about to describe may be a route issue, an OR issue, or an issue specific to this experimental version of Monogame. Here goes:
The route is Blackfoot 3--a fine route, by the way. For those unfamiliar with the route, it is a Canadian route that is unsignaled "dark territory. The activity that I'm running is a westbound train traversing the entire route. However, when running the route, the player train runs out of authority, as shown in the attached screenshot, well before the end of its path. Looking in the TrackViewer, I found the following--indicating some nature of broken path, as shown in the other screenshots, at the point shown in the top arrow of the path screenshot. This error persists, no matter how much I try to correct errors in the path, including completely rebuilding the path from scratch. I'm thinking that this is a flaw in the route itself. What is strange is that the "flaw" only seems to affect westbound player trains. AI trains also seem to have no issue. I have previous backups of this route going back to when I got it in 2017, and this path error appears in all of them. I was hoping that someone familiar with route building could comment on this. Note: It is possible, because the route is unsignaled, to continue past this point by switching to manual mode, but, of course, OR thinks that the train is off-path after that point. Also, attached is the log file.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Blackfoot 3 issue02.jpg
  • Attached Image: Blackfoot 3 issue01.jpg
  • Attached Image: RunActivity 2023-08-21 16-19-57.jpg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 21 August 2023 - 02:38 PM

I never had any luck with Blackfoot 3, like you.
I went back to Blackfoot 2.

#3 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2023 - 06:13 PM

This is the only significant issue that I've had with Blackfoot 3. Being that the route is unsignaled, one could run it totally in manual mode if need be. Blackfoot 3 is not well-adapted for running a lot of AI trains, but neither is the prototype designed for more than a few trains per day. What is outstanding about Blackfoot 3 is the quality of scenery, and the number of switching activities that one might wish to conduct. I live in an area of the U.S. Great Plains with a lot of oil/gas and agricultural activity, so Blackfoot 3 has that kind of "homey" feeling for me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users