• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map View dark Moddded Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 28 July 2023 - 10:50 AM

Got Win10 and Visual Studio 2022 installed on a extra ssd so I could play developer for a day, and change stuff.
The Map View & Timetable window was one of those items, and in spite that I'm new to Visual Studio and new to C# i did manage to get it close to what I wanted, within the limit of this "UI".

Windows 7 - Darktheme
Attached Image: ExRails_Map_Viewer_Win7-64_Darktheme.jpg
Windows 10 - Darktheme
Attached Image: ExRails_Map_Viewer_Win10_Dark_theme.jpg

#2 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 July 2023 - 09:28 AM

Hmmm that definitely would be a welcome addition for night play

#3 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 August 2023 - 01:45 AM

Hi Jan,

View PostExRail, on 28 July 2023 - 10:50 AM, said:

Got Win10 and Visual Studio 2022 installed on a extra ssd so I could play developer for a day, and change stuff.
The Map View & Timetable window was one of those items, and in spite that I'm new to Visual Studio and new to C# i did manage to get it close to what I wanted, within the limit of this "UI".

Congratulations in getting your developer kit installed and working and making a useful change.

Do you need any help in making this change available to everyone, using our procedures on GitHub - see Contributing.md ?

#4 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 05 August 2023 - 07:11 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 05 August 2023 - 01:45 AM, said:

Hi Jan,

Congratulations in getting your developer kit installed and working and making a useful change.

Do you need any help in making this change available to everyone, using our procedures on GitHub - see Contributing.md ?

Thanks, and I do need help in that, but first I must know if it's ok when VS2023 UI designer in .Designer files turn this:
System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(224,224,224); witch the compiler is fine with and there is a overloaded function for.
Into this:
System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(((int)(((byte)(224)))), ((int)(((byte)(224)))), ((int)(((byte)(224)))));
Should .Designer files be treated as machine generated garbage not suited for human reading ;-) ? or whats the deal here.

The colors are scattered over 3 files so I would like to make vars for them in one common place, and turn the background button into a white/dark theme selections first before suggesting it for public, but should it be white or dark as default, I would prefer dark so the optimal solution would be a STF parser compatible ini file with the map view's color data, so people could make there own changes.
Map_View_Default_Theme( 0 )
Map_View_Theme_colors( 0
Station_Lable_Color( 32, 43, 45 )
Track_Pen_Color( 64, 64, 64 )
)

Or properly a better option, a Map View settings page in the Menu.exe Options (no user parse errors possible)

#5 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:48 AM

I'm now ignoring the machine generated code section and chosen system colors to avoid it and is setting the colors with the rest(pen color, fonts), and after 8 hours of work I can now press a single button and it changes between dark and white, and the Dispatch viewer is also upgraded. I will now make a cop of coffee and sit and click this button for a while :-)

Attached Image: MapView_TimeTable_White.jpg
Attached Image: MapView_TimeTable.jpg
Attached Image: MapView_Dispatch_White.jpg
Attached Image: MapView_Dispatch.jpg

#6 User is offline   Siebren 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 07 August 2023 - 10:15 AM

This is what I like about the Open Rails software being Open Source. Everyone can contribute.

And seeing you're first change actually working, that's wow, that's really satisfying. Congratulations.

#7 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 10:47 AM

View PostExRail, on 07 August 2023 - 09:48 AM, said:

I will now make a cop of coffee and sit and click this button for a while :-)

Oh, I love that.

Could we have the "Toggle color theme" button visible in both windows, please.

I wonder if we should simply make this setting persist by saving it as a new UserSetting.

#8 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 11:29 AM

THIS IS FABULOUS...THANKS... http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dance3.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jumpy.gif
I use the dark window option in many other programs, wonderful to have it for the OR Map Window...thanks so much.
Making the user setting persist would be excellent. Also having "Toggle color theme" button visible is both windows would be good.

#9 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 07 August 2023 - 01:52 PM

"I like it, i like it, I like it" :drool3:
Hook, 1991

#10 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:45 AM

Thanks!

Dark themes all over W7/W10/DEB12, Browser, webpages, apps, otherwise this 40" screen I'm watching would blind me.

Agree with the button visible in both tabs, but there is a multiplayer username window in Dispatch where its currently is located, maybe move it a bit down and resize that to a bit less height or move it up with the zoom level mhh.

Save the settings, yes for sure, but we are in RunActivity and not the Menu mhh I'll need to se what there is access to, and how do to that.

Merge:
I've changed a lot of ui object names -labels where called gb_ but where not members of one, and I have deleted the train group box, and created a dedicated invisible label call AnchorPoint instead of using zoom levels res label position to determine to size of the canvas and such stuff.
So when I last night tried to merge it with Csantucci's MonoNewYerMG release it did not work in the first two lazy attempts (1.Replacing files 2.copy difference while half asleep), my impression is I'll need 30-60 minutes to do it correctly.
This theme change was made on top of OR 1.5.1, so I should properly start with the latest from https://james-ross.c...jects/or/builds to see if and what change was made since that version.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users