• You cannot reply to this topic

Future ideas for Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#111 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 20 August 2023 - 09:41 PM

View PostTraindude, on 20 August 2023 - 08:18 PM, said:

Another thing I'd like to see is animated doors and windows in passenger views (regardless if the shape file used is the same as the wagon's external shape file or not). I once did a test of this, but instead of animating in sync with the Q and SHIFT+Q commands, it animates continuously--opening and then "popping" back to closed position after reaching its "full open" position--and doesn't stop!

If you use a shape file in passenger views (with animated doors) then this is a "new view" and all animations will continue to work. (does not respond to the -Q key, etc.).
If you don't assign a shape file in passenger view, you just see the inside of your car, and the doors work on command as key-Q as they work externally.

Something else for "Future ideas for Open Rails":
It would be very nice if it would finally be possible in OpenRails to give your wagon or locomotive a correction in the height setting (Y-axis), to be able to adjust the many "floating or flat tires effects".

#112 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2023 - 01:43 AM

It would be very nice if it would finally be possible in OpenRails to give your wagon or locomotive a correction in the height setting (Y-axis), to be able to adjust the many "floating or flat tires effects".

The steam4me site has useful tips on how to correct this. Its a matter of adjusting the wheel matrices height in the shape file.

Mick Clarke

#113 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 August 2023 - 03:06 AM

View Postsystema, on 21 August 2023 - 01:43 AM, said:

The steam4me site has useful tips on how to correct this. Its a matter of adjusting the wheel matrices height in the shape file.

Mick Clarke

Does that cope with valve gear on steam locos? Being able to specify a y adjustment in an eng file would be much easier for most users regardless.

#114 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2023 - 10:49 AM

View Postsystema, on 21 August 2023 - 01:43 AM, said:

Hi Mike,

I assume you mean the "shift option" with the SFM. (Shape file manager tool)
This works in itself, until you have locomotives with animations and various (hierachy) parts.

IOW, a correction in the Y-axis is sometimes (per model/part) a shift in the X-axis or Z-axis.
Animations parts are also "distorted", the problem is that this cannot be repaired manually.
(Just try to change a steam locomotive with, for example, 'shift Y-axis -1', you get a nice 'art object'.) :ko2:

The adjustment in the Shape file "main line" (at matrix) as xxx xxx xxx XYZ works well in the SFM, not in OR. (???)
The various commands in the .ENG file that should adjust a y-axis correction do not work either.

But if you mean something else, I'd love to hear it! :) (if so, can you provide a reference to this explanation?)
thanks!

Roger

#115 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 21 August 2023 - 08:36 PM

View PostQJ-6811, on 20 August 2023 - 09:41 PM, said:

If you use a shape file in passenger views (with animated doors) then this is a "new view" and all animations will continue to work. (does not respond to the -Q key, etc.).
If you don't assign a shape file in passenger view, you just see the inside of your car, and the doors work on command as key-Q as they work externally.

In my case I use separate shape files for passenger views (so I can have a higher-polly interior in passenger view and a lower-polly interior in external views, and also to prevent smoke from clipping through the interior). So having animated doors and windows respond to Q/SHIFT+Q/CTRL+Q/SHIFT+CTRL+Q in separate passenger view shape files would be an improvement.

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users