• You cannot reply to this topic

Wrong Signal aspect Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gehe 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 18 May 2023 - 01:36 AM

Hi All,

in some German MSTS routes (payware by German Railroads) the following behaviour occurs when I run them in OR:

At some stations the signal aspect of the entry signal shows an "Approach" aspect with a speed limit (30 km/h).
It looks like that the train is to be routed on a branch line. But is goes straight way on.
You can see that in the track monitor: The next signals shows "Clear" which is only possible if the train uses the main route further on.
As quick measures I put the sigcfg and sigcr in the Openrails Folder as recommended and also increased of SignalNumClearAhead by "1" both had no effect.
I observed that in some cases the wrong "Approach" aspect disappears when the next signal downstream in the path is cleared.
Before starting more research related to sigcfg, sigcr I would like to ask the community about possible reasons.
Operation in MSTS is fine.

Regards Gehe

#2 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 May 2023 - 04:25 AM

View PostGehe, on 18 May 2023 - 01:36 AM, said:

Hi All,

in some German MSTS routes (payware by German Railroads) the following behaviour occurs when I run them in OR:

At some stations the signal aspect of the entry signal shows an "Approach" aspect with a speed limit (30 km/h).
It looks like that the train is to be routed on a branch line. But is goes straight way on.
You can see that in the track monitor: The next signals shows "Clear" which is only possible if the train uses the main route further on.
As quick measures I put the sigcfg and sigcr in the Openrails Folder as recommended and also increased of SignalNumClearAhead by "1" both had no effect.
I observed that in some cases the wrong "Approach" aspect disappears when the next signal downstream in the path is cleared.
Before starting more research related to sigcfg, sigcr I would like to ask the community about possible reasons.
Operation in MSTS is fine.

Regards Gehe

Please attach the Logfile, perhaps there are some indications for problems with the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat
Please attach also the sigcfg.dat and the sigscr.dat

Regards
EugenR

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users