Elvas Tower: Help needed - Please provide screenshots of OR download routes - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help needed - Please provide screenshots of OR download routes Screenshots needed for OpenRails.org >Download>Content Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 May 2023 - 05:35 PM

Hi All,

We are looking to liven up the OpenRails.org website > Download > Content page with image carousels where users can scroll through images of the routes. Please contribute to this good cause and share your screenshots of the following download-routes:

- Demo Model 1 - The Scottish Capitals Express from Edinburg to Glasgow during 1970’s.
- Chiltern - A historic route running to the Chiltern Hills to London UK around the 1960’s.
- New Forest - A route connecting several historic coastal towns in 1960’s Southern England.
- MidEast coast - 1950’s route connecting London and York to the north with many branch lines and destinations.
- The Great Zig Zag railway - This historic route was designed to scale the Blue Mountains range in New South Wales - Australia and includes a beginner’s Steam tutorial.

Consider different weather conditions, seasons, times of day, etc. It would be great - but not a must - if you can provide jpeg images with dimension 1280 * 800 pixels.

Thank you!
Hank

#2 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 16 May 2023 - 02:53 AM

Sounds, great. I'd like to have my Portuguese Route mentioned on that section as well. It's hosted on Github. I already have quite some shots on 4k.

#3 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:24 AM

View PostWeter, on 15 May 2023 - 09:14 PM, said:

Hello, Hank.
You mean establishing of photo-galleries of said routes screenshots, right?
Sounds very good, if so.

Yes, that is the idea. Here is an example of an image carousel.
Hank

#4 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman

Posted 16 May 2023 - 08:03 AM

View PostAldarion, on 16 May 2023 - 02:53 AM, said:

Sounds, great. I'd like to have my Portuguese Route mentioned on that section as well. It's hosted on Github. I already have quite some shots on 4k.

That would be great!

It is interesting, I just discussed with Chris Jakeman - who is oversees OpenRails,org website matters - to ask for additional routes for the website. We thought it would be better to do that in a separate thread, to keep this thread focused on collecting images for the existing download routes.

Now that the Genie is out of the bottle I start a separate thread to ask for routes that can be added to the OpenRails download page . Let's continue the discussion on new routes in that thread and keep this one focused on images for the existing download routes.

Thanks!
Hank

#5 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman

Posted 16 May 2023 - 03:37 PM

View PostWeter, on 16 May 2023 - 10:21 AM, said:

You are welcome to use my screenshots of Chiltern, uploaded here, though, they are mostly cropped to sizes less, than 1280 for focusing on most sensible content.
See there - post 12 onwards

Great, nice pictures! Thank you.

#6 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 May 2023 - 03:43 PM

Later, More of them in plans.

I like Peter B's story.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic