• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Electric system Electric Locomotives Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Siebren 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 06 May 2023 - 02:06 AM

I have some questions about the electric system of the electric locomotives as described in the OR manual. No scripting used, only lines added to the Engine section of the .eng file.

- manual 8.2.2 Electric Locomotives: the circuit breaker is the large high voltage switch between the system and the pantograph if I understood correctly. If set to manual in the .eng file, it has three commands for it's actions defined. I see only the command "Control Circuit Breaker ClosingOrder" <O> working as a open/closed action. Where are the commands "Control Circuit Breaker Opening Order" <I> and "Control Circuit Breaker Closing Authorization" <Shift+O> used for?

- manual 8.15.1 Battery switch: I read "If the low voltage power supply is disabled, all of the systems of the locomotive are disabled (for example, the circuit breaker opens and the pantograph falls down). However I do not see things switched off when switching off the battery. Bug?

- manual 8.15.2 Master key: More or less the same: If the cab power supply is disabled, all of the systems of the cab are disabled (for example, the speed indicator switches off, the throttle controller is disabled, etc.). I do not see this happen.

thanks, Siebren.

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 May 2023 - 10:26 AM

Hello.
It actually performs either: switching on/off the main voltage and emergency cutoff (as cirquit breaker at home system-preventing fire, caused by overload) functions
It is controlled indirectly - as it's high-voltage device, and there are several channels: manual -for on/off power (pantographs shouldn't touch or go away from wire, when load is connected - there will be arc, which definitely will damage or even melt wire) Other channels are from automatic systems of control (MU for example, but not only) pritection (overload prevention, maximal current exceeded, short circuit detection, etc) and safety systems.
For avoiding accidental turning it on/off, what would cause equipment damage, fire or human lethal electric injury - there are safery measures: not controlling Main switches by one button, but actuate one (permission/order), and after - issue command for closing/opening itself.That is how I understand things.

In ORTS there must be entered some parameters to affect auxiliary functions.
In real life - yes: switching battery off would cause Main Switch to go off.

Example, how AC main switch control works
https://www.youtube....h?v=wslbOqu32UM

#3 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 May 2023 - 11:32 AM

If set to manual in the .eng file, it has three commands for it's actions defined. I see only the command "Control Circuit Breaker ClosingOrder" <O> working as a open/closed action. Where are the commands "Control Circuit Breaker Opening Order" <I> and "Control Circuit Breaker Closing Authorization" <Shift+O> used for?

There are several variants for circuit breaker, which are handled by different scripts:
  • Authorization switch + Closing button (SNCFCircuitBreaker.cs): to close CB, you have to give closing authorization (shift+O) and then press "Close" (O) for some time. To open, you switch off the authorization button (shift+o).
  • Open + Close buttons (CircuitBreaker_IT.cs): No driver authorization given: you close it by pressing "Close" (O) and open it pressing "Open" (I).
  • Close switch (Manual): when the switch is on, CB is closed if possible, when it's off CB is open.

The two cases above using custom scripts are really common in different stock, so they could possibly be integrated into OR code.

However I do not see things switched off when switching off the battery. Bug?

This is handled by the Power Supply script. The default one is really simple, but it could be extended if necessary. The idea is that you use a custom script for every train.

If the cab power supply is disabled, all of the systems of the cab are disabled (for example, the speed indicator switches off, the throttle controller is disabled, etc.). I do not see this happen.

You can insert DisabledIfLowVoltagePowerSupplyOff or DisabledIfCabPowerSupplyOff to the .cvf file to disable some controls. However, they can still be controlled using the keyboard, so implementing a mechanical locking system would be interesting (something like what we have for the reverser when throttle != 0). The problem is that which controls are disabled is locomotive specific.

#4 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:08 PM

You can insert DisabledIfLowVoltagePowerSupplyOff or DisabledIfCabPowerSupplyOff to the .cvf file to disable some controls.

Without (0) or (1) flags? for given CabControl?

#5 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:17 PM

Hello.

Where is the Power Supply script located? I want one as a sample.
Should it be mined from the source code?

Sincerely, Laci1959

Ps: Thanks, I already found them.

#6 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:19 PM

See Manual for syntax.
Scripts are separate files, and there are some ready French scripts.
They are intended for implement specific and/or complex logic of brake controllers, TCS and power management systems, not covered by standard code's logic.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users