• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reversing point question .... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 30 April 2023 - 07:09 AM

I just saw a conversation over on Trainsim, where it was claimed that Reversing points on paths are only used once. for those that work deep in the bowels of the simulator....Is that true?? Suppose we change that to a location event which has an trigger on it that makes it active or not.....(setting a value to 1 or 0)....or maybe adding a counter that lets you set it for a finite number of triggering....say 5...after 5 times it becomes inactive...or infinite until another location event disables it....... I was thinking of yard switching activities..... Any thoughts????

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:34 AM

Yes, it's true.

#3 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:07 AM

Yes it's only once, only way to achieve now what you suggest is by placing multiple reverse points back and forth such that the train triggers one, then reverses to it's counterpart, reverse again to trigger the second and so on

#4 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 30 April 2023 - 01:03 PM

I do have two reverse points on a player train that are working. It took a good dozen tries to get it to work but it is working. To make things more complicated the player train goes from one yard to another, goes into manual to switch that yard, then gets back on the path to return to the original yard. The second reverse point is at the far end of the original yard and ends a short distance afterwards. I needed this to get all the controls to get back into the proper direction because I didn't think anyone including myself wanted to switch industries for 2 1/2 hours with the switches being indicated in the wrong direction.

Paul :-)

#5 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 30 April 2023 - 01:44 PM

Hi,
I recently wrote an activity for Open Rails using MSTS AE which involves a steam loco running around its train. This uses 3 Reverse Points and it works as expected.

Whereas I will agree that an RP can only be used once in a path - wasn't/isn't it the same in MSTS? - you can have as many as you need!

Cheers,
Ged

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users