• You cannot reply to this topic

System Arithmetic Exception with Steam Engine Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:40 PM

View Postengmod, on 27 April 2023 - 07:40 PM, said:

Notepad++ is not the easiest tool to use.

I use jedit.

http://www.jedit.org/

Couldn't get it to work properly. It says it needs a Java package in order to run, but after downloading the Java package, I didn't know how to install it, so I couldn't get it to work at all.

I'll stick with PSPad for now...

#12 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 April 2023 - 03:10 AM

Hi Folks,

If you're still having issues - I would suggest - keeping the comment format to single line entries as you did in the beginning of your file. If you need multiple lines - comment each one. I think the multiline comments are throwing off the parens checking. Indent and place the parens - consistently. It's all about keeping track of the parens and a nice clean formatted uniform ENG/WAG file goes a long way towards that goal.

When troubleshooting - start big and work small - there are two parts to the ENG - the Wagon and Engine section - I usually start checking the parens on these blocks - typically - if they are good - that means there's a good chance everything below them is good.

Here's an example of one of mine (Steam Physics) that works. I've tried to remove all the old stuff from MSTS that doesn't get used in ORTS. FYI: I'm pretty sure - unless something has changed since I last looked - only a single coupler block is used in ORTS. I do a great deal of testing and the file seems to work pretty well. When creating physics for a new locomotive - I usually start with my boiler plate example and just plug in the values for the new locomotive.

Example:
Attached File  BM482A.zip (3.48K)
Number of downloads: 64

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Scott

#13 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 28 April 2023 - 08:03 AM

I've used " Context " and the " Contexta " plugin which has a " chi " for MSTS , successfully for many years ..

It's a great file editor , reads anything , easy setup and excellent options for ever preference .

Just a Thought !

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users