• You cannot reply to this topic

Invalid Link to Track Node (Part 2) Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 April 2023 - 01:56 AM

Could it be some crossing, having wrong/incomplete settings?
120a route throw similar tr pin warning in log, and i've seen one crossing, where vehicles never stop in front of running train.
Also, there were some X-overs, where reserved train path didn't prevent the other train to pass that crossover, currently occupied with the first train.
That could indicate, two paths haven't been "told", they have common point and influence each other.

#12 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 16 April 2023 - 02:12 PM

Well, in the end I finally got there!

Thank you again Kapitaen13 for your assistance.

In the original .rdb there are 2 end nodes and 1 vector node that referenced -12660 14916 726 along with the 4 end nodes with the TrPin ( 0 0 ) pin references. When I delete the road piece shown in my previous post, the 2 end nodes and the vector no longer show up in the .rdb. This makes sense to me.

The 4 offending nodes remain in the .rdb. Interestingly, the total node count at the beginning of the .rdb file did not change when the piece was deleted. it showed 733 track nodes before the deletion and 733 after, even though 3 nodes were deleted.

Anyways, after restoring from my backup I manually deleted the 4 offending nodes from the .rdb, then ran the Modify RDB/TDB (RENDB) on the TsUtils tab of Route_Riter. It did its thing and put all the revised files in a newroute folder. It then suggested that I copy the folders within the newroute folder to my route folder. After doing that my route wouldn't load. I was apparently missing x-tracks and .con files.

So I restored the route from my backup and this time, I only copied the .rdb file from the newroute folder to my route folder. Fired up OR and everything loaded properly and I was able to run the activity that contained the .con file I was apparently missing. After exiting OR I checked the log file and the 4 warnings are gone. Yeah! I checked the .rdb file and it now contains 729 nodes.

So I'm still left wondering how TSRE updates the .rdb when changes are made to the roads in a route. As I mentioned, the total node count did not change after deleteing a road piece in TSRE. Is there another keystroke needed to update the .rdb?

Some may wonder why I bother with trying to clear up these warnings in the log files but this is the best way I learn about stuff.

Bert

#13 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 April 2023 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for Your report, Bert.
Note, please, that TSRE is both: unfinished and imperfect. It's free and still abandoned WIP.
But it's currently our best solution for route editing for ORTS.

#14 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 17 April 2023 - 03:14 AM

Hello Bert,
That's very nice that it worked out after all.

I would like to comment on the number of track nodes.
A single 2lane road segment writes 6 entries into the database.
4 x EndNode, the blue poles at the end of the road. And 2 x Vectors, the blue lines connecting the poles.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/17/Screen-Shot-04-17-23-at-12.29-PM.jpeg

If we now search for the usual search pattern in the .rdb, we get six hits.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/17/Screen-Shot-04-17-23-at-12.26-PM.jpeg

The number of TackNodes in the databases does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about the number of road segments they contain. In the next example, I show the vector node of many road segments that extend over three lines in the .rdb. Included in the picture is the number of TrackNodes.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/17/Screen-Shot-04-17-23-at-12.34-PM.jpeg

What do you think will happen if you erase a piece of this road?

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/17/Screen-Shot-04-17-23-at-12.40-PM.jpeg

This is the result.
Despite deleting a road segment that should have 6 entries, we get 6 entries more as a result.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/17/Screen-Shot-04-17-23-at-12.38-PM.jpeg

Have a good time....

#15 User is offline   HookitandBookit 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2023 - 09:55 AM

View PostWeter, on 16 April 2023 - 06:09 PM, said:

Thanks for Your report, Bert.
Note, please, that TSRE is both: unfinished and imperfect. It's free and still abandoned WIP.
But it's currently our best solution for route editing for ORTS.

Now that is something the Open Rails community should really dig into, first of all "securing" the abandoned WIP then finding a "safer" and more "sustainable" tool. I think it is absolutely the most important issue at hand.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users