• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Different OpenRailsLog.txt files on Identical Runs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:01 AM

I have what I consider an unusual problem. Two of us are checking a particular route on separate systems. We are both using the latest "Unstable" version of OR. We are running the same activity and the same route as downloaded by GitHub Desktop. What is unusual is that, when completed, we are both getting OpenRailsLog.txt files with different content. Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions as to why this is happening.

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:16 PM

View Postdforrest, on 05 April 2023 - 05:01 AM, said:

I have what I consider an unusual problem. Two of us are checking a particular route on separate systems. We are both using the latest "Unstable" version of OR. We are running the same activity and the same route as downloaded by GitHub Desktop. What is unusual is that, when completed, we are both getting OpenRailsLog.txt files with different content. Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions as to why this is happening.

Some years back I purchased an excellent utility named Beyond Compare. You can compare a pair of files or some to all files in directories. You can find, mark, and copy files or even lines within files from one place to another. Extremely useful for keeping your rolling stock the same when stored in multiple mini-routes.

When I bought it they offered a free 30 day trial.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users