Elvas Tower: Control car brake problems - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Control car brake problems Compressor not working when using control car with electric engine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 March 2023 - 01:44 AM

It looks to me that there is an error in the handling of the compressor when a control car is used in combination with an electric engine.
For diesel engines, there is a separate test which locates the nearest loco, and checks for this loco if the engine is running.
For electric engines however there is no such test, but the compressor is only switched on if the auxiliary power is on. But a control car has no power, and therefor also has no auxiliary power. As a result, the compressor is never switched on and after a series of brake applications the brakes no longer release.
In my view, the check should be that a search is done for the nearest loco, and then tested if the auxiliary power is on for that loco. I tried a patch with that logic and now the brakes work fine.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#2 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 15 March 2023 - 03:16 AM

View Postroeter, on 15 March 2023 - 01:44 AM, said:

It looks to me that there is an error in the handling of the compressor when a control car is used in combination with an electric engine.
For diesel engines, there is a separate test which locates the nearest loco, and checks for this loco if the engine is running.
For electric engines however there is no such test, but the compressor is only switched on if the auxiliary power is on. But a control car has no power, and therefor also has no auxiliary power. As a result, the compressor is never switched on and after a series of brake applications the brakes no longer release.
In my view, the check should be that a search is done for the nearest loco, and then tested if the auxiliary power is on for that loco. I tried a patch with that logic and now the brakes work fine.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Hello.

The control car with the Type (Control) setting is not fully developed for trains pushed by an electric locomotive. In fact, it is not developed at all. Certain switches and instruments work, but others do not.
Those that are common with the control car assigned to the diesel locomotive work.
The ones that are different, more precisely, they only belong to electric locomotives, they don't work. For example, pantographs, main disconnect switches, indicator lights, etc.

Heating is a separate problem that needs to be solved. That would require two ORTSPowerSupply settings. One in the Wagon section, which is needed for heating, and another in the Engine section, which is needed to operate the ORTSBattery. With different settings, of course.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#3 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 March 2023 - 01:04 PM

if the auxiliary power is on. But a control car has no power

Accumulator battery gives power, since it's breaker is turned on.
That power feeds auxiliary circuits for turning main power on: pantographs raising and main switch closing. Then auxiliary power is provided by dynamo of inverter.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users